Damm Head gasket........................................ - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damm Head gasket........................................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So to sum up this thread, I found my cousin husband to be is a mechanic , and he did the head gaskets for $600 amazing deal, and I drove it back and it had no power to it same as when I drove it down to him , would just chug along, looked at it and my timing was stuck at 10 degrees with a 1350 DTC code. Looked up the code and says faulty ICM harness , so get a new harness , half way through wiring it in I noticed a white wire that was cut on the harness and tuck under the other wires , so I finish wiring up ICM harness used the wire that was tucked down instead of the white wire that came from nowhere. Started it up and I get my timing back. So one of these places I took it to wired a different wire in and tucked down the one that supposed to be used, So they would of made $1800 of me if I would of let them rewire my car the first time. Bastards, then I found out that 2 of my spark plugs were missing after I just did wires and they were all there. SO never taking it to that shop , yeah all this happened when I was searching for shops, they would keep it a few days and then say too modified or don't have the time., I blew the water pump this last week so still no driving but 2 more weeks and that will be fixed guy that did my headgaskets is coming up to do it. Rates are very resonable.SO once I get it out on the road Ill finally be done. Thanks for all your guys help.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Please IM me with what shop you had issues with - I want to stay clear of them.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Will do Robert.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X