Damm Head gasket........................................ - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damm Head gasket........................................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damm Head gasket........................................

So I got my exhaust done and now I notice coolant under the car , leaking at the head gasket right on the drivers front area whee the first head stud is at , going to pull the stud out and try to reseal it with paste and put it back in , I hope it seals it up. Or should I remove the head and redo all of them?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Damm Head gasket........................................

You will have to re-torque all the bolts now :mad:

Well you may not HAVE to but I would lol. I use the yellow teflon tape and have never had a problem, although people say you're not supposed to use the tape, it has always worked for me without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Meemperor View Post
      You will have to re-torque all the bolts now :mad:

Well you may not HAVE to but I would lol. I use the yellow teflon tape and have never had a problem, although people say you're not supposed to use the tape, it has always worked for me without issue.
      I was going to just try and just do the corner one where its leaaking first and see if it stops the leak. Theres no coolant in the oil so I'm pretty lucky about that. If it doesn't stop th leak I will go ahead and redo all of them. Now I have to get the energy to take the header off to get to the head stud.lol
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

man that sucks!

Comment

I would be tempted to put a stop leak tablet in there to stop the leak. I know it's kind of a band aid fix, but it might work!

Comment

truck motor swap time

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
              truck motor swap time
              Not yet.

Comment

If you dont do it right your asking for trouble down the road.
                Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

You think I should pull the head?

Comment

Before pulling the bolt out see if you cant put 60lbs of torque and tighten it a bit. I wouldnt go over 80 lbs. See if that helps, if not then pull the bolt out. If it looks like you may have to pull the head i see no harm in trying to tighten the bolt before you pull it. May actually save you from having to pull it.
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

They take 80 FTLBS , that what I re TQ at. Will try it out tommorow.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        They take 80 FTLBS , that what I re TQ at. Will try it out tommorow.
                        I wouldn't do that. Uneven torque can just spring more leaks.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird
                        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I'm hoping for no leaks , if it still does I will have to pull the heads which is no fun in my book.lol

Comment

Either way it looks like you're gonna have to pull the head. Torque it and see what happens.
                            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Got it back together and it looks like its comiing from the LIM and coming down off the corner of the head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                10 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X