Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turbo time....

Enjoy!! I need to dial down the AFR's under boost to about 11.5:1 -12:1 but im very close to getting it where i want it.

The pulls are about 4-5 psi max of boost and 50-60% throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9nL-...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by fasteddi; 02-13-2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

are you sure you are boosting? i can part throttle without entering boost....did you pull timing already? i'm actually kinda surprised you haven't seen any KR.

Comment

Oh yea.. datalogs reading 4.48 psi on that first run and 4.14 psi on the second. Believe me i didnt need to see those #'s to know it was building boost. Soon as the rpms hit about 2500 the boost starts and by 3000 rpms its pretty hard for 50% throttle.

Im using a timing tables off a starter bin and pulled timing in boost levels to under 16 in all the tables. I do not want knock and will tune that once the afrs are correct. Then go back and add timing, and then add more fuel if needed.

I saw spark knock the other day, but added colder plugs gapped to .025 93 in the gas tank and remember its cold where i live. Intake temps never went above 60* thats 20* above ambient temps here.

Comment

Heres another thirdgen turbo with boost at 35% throttle. Better exhast then mine though...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePqjC...1&feature=plcp

Comment

How are you tuning this? Are you using some kind of software? I know that we don't have HP tuner or anything for our 3rd gen.

Cool Vids btw.

Comment

Im using tunerpro RT. And datalogging with that and burning off chips. It takes a little longer but is easy once you know the software.

All my hardware is from Moates site. Great stuff there!!!

Comment

you're up to early or maybe its the time zone.
                so at about 5 lbs of boost you are running a max of 16psi... what size exhaust are your running out of the turbo? my max timing is at like 11 and i hate it... what compression is that motor?

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                  you're up to early or maybe its the time zone.
                  so at about 5 lbs of boost you are running a max of 16psi... what size exhaust are your running out of the turbo? my max timing is at like 11 and i hate it... what compression is that motor?
                  I live in eastern time. Wrote that post before work:rock:

2 1/2 inch straight back, no curves at all, no cat.convert. either.

How are you seeing that 5psi at 50-60%throttle is 16psi total boost????
                  A formula or somethin??

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
                    I live in eastern time. Wrote that post before work:rock:

2 1/2 inch straight back, no curves at all, no cat.convert. either.

How are you seeing that 5psi at 50-60%throttle is 16psi total boost????
                    A formula or somethin??
                    Usually with force induction you are still under vacuum even when you're half throttle. When you slam it that's when pressure builds up and you go into boost. I think that's what he meant. So your pressure is really up there.

Do you have boost gauge?

Comment

• Re: Turbo time....

Yea i got the boost readings off of tunerpro with the 3 bar map(read on the laptop)

Comment

Yes I got the BOV to work!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaowgQwEEJ4

Comment

i meant 16 degrees timing, and i was thinking the same thing as 2.8 as far as possibly not being in boost but sounds like you know whats going on.. really unsure about the bov. what brand is it?

Comment

its greddy Type RS knock off. It works fine now, the diaphram was just misaligned.

Beautiful day out here so im going to do some more part throttle pulls and make sure the idles still ok

Comment

i've got about 10 minutes of work to finish my electric cut out. spent most of the afternoon yesterday cutting and welding. gonna do some WOT today :)

Comment

Thats sweet man!
                                I made my first attempt at WOT today and actually blew a old coupler i had. I didnt wana use it but i was just waiting on a new one and threw that old one on till the new one comes..

On the attempt i made 6psi then the boost didnt rise any more, and actually I couldnt make mroe then 4psi after that...LOL.. i kept thinking it was the BOV since i took it apart the other day, so it took me about 30 mins of toying with the car to figure out that the coupler actually had a slice in it, that i could squeeze my finger into... opps.. Im still a newbee at this stuff and troubleshooting problems.

So no more driving till the coupler gets here. Hopefully tommorow!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X