Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: woo got in the 14's :)

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
    very true, i made a 1998 ls1 camaro with headers,exhaust,ls6 intake, and long tubes look retarded from a 40 roll, i put 1.5 bus lengths on him, and had him beat all the way up to 100 before i started sloing back down, because he was auto and i was manual

I don't think he was racing you then, unless he was messing with you, I had a 45year old nurse who knew nothing about racing with a 02' LS1 Convert. auto bone stock and I raced her with my built engine ,VS cam , Powerdyne 8-10LBs , 3.42's LSD etc. on the modsand 5 speed back then, I got her from the start but after about 30-40 MPH she flew past me like I was standing still I stopped at 70-80 she was about 6-8 cars up on me. LS1's are topend performers as the LT1's were known for low end performance. I would say he was messing with you
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by auto666 View Post
      bs my buddy has the exact same car of the exact same year with an auto I shift so much faster not only can you see it you can hear it
      After blowing up 5 speeds ,I find auto's holding more power just in stock form, also if someone has a stall , shift kit , hptuners and the right gears which I have 3.73's and I can stall it to 2200 RPMS(stock stall) and it will barely lose traction off the line and pull the front up end up (but not off the ground, but haven't tried it with my front prostars yet), chirp 2nd and 3rd gear, if I had a 5 speed it would probably blow up. Suspension has alot to do with it also. Like most will say you can't shift faster than a computer, esp with the right stall keeping the RPMS above a certain level of RPMS. Thats why the most people on the timeslip page go to built autos and stalls. I know I have money put aside for a Performbuilt tranny and stall once my tranny goes and also a 9" in the future with some 3.55 gears or will stay with my 3.73's if the turbo like it.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

how much time would i shave off my 1/4 mile going from 3.23 to 4.10? or 3.73? does will it make a huge difference in the street?

Since your a auto I would go with 3.73's and not higher because at 70mph on the highway I'm at 2500-2800 RPMS with 4.10's it would suck unless its a track car then go with 4.56's.LOL Also you have to determine what power adders you might go with or staying N/A. I personally love my 3.73's , I have had 3.23's and 3.42's for long periods of time. If your suspension is up to par then I would say 3.73's if not you'll be spinning out of the line.

Comment

very true, i made a 1998 ls1 camaro with headers,exhaust,ls6 intake, and long tubes look retarded from a 40 roll, i put 1.5 bus lengths on him, and had him beat all the way up to 100 before i started sloing back down, because he was auto and i was manual
          do you know the car? or was this some guy that said he had all that? you and i have very similar mods and power, but keep in mind i also have a '00 ls1 (t56 though, not auto like that guy), and trust me, i couldnt jump on it with the 3.8 if i had to.
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
            do you know the car? or was this some guy that said he had all that? you and i have very similar mods and power, but keep in mind i also have a '00 ls1 (t56 though, not auto like that guy), and trust me, i couldnt jump on it with the 3.8 if i had to.
            Unless the guy hit the brake instead of the gas pedal, theres no way, I didn't see the 40MPH roll, that woud put the auto in good stopping range since their top end monsters. I thought I was going to have a better chance than I did with the 02' convert, I had less weight and the car was cooled down, she went by like I was standing still, reason #2 gettting rid of the PD setup, first was needed the money at the time. BallerMaro13 I didn't know you had a V8 any mods?

Comment

sms my car is 5 speed, and yes he was being serious because he was embarrassed, i think it had to do with 40 being a bad speed for the auto, if we went from 20 he would probably beat me, but i made it look like i was racing a dirt bike

yes i know the guy, i had just got done helping put the headers on

Comment

sms my car is 5 speed, and yes he was being serious because he was embarrassed, i think it had to do with 40 being a bad speed for the auto, if we went from 20 he would probably beat me, but i made it look like i was racing a dirt bike

yes i know the guy, i had just got done helping put the headers on

You sure you didn't pull some spark plug wires off the engine while you were helping.LOL Because its hard to believe, unless it wasn't running right or he doesn't know how to drive. I had a 45 yr. old nurse never race before beat my @ss with me being in my 5 speed with PD setup, 3.42 Posi, Built engine and cammed. It just sounds like something was wrong with the LS1 or he didn't know how to get the converter to lock up on it. I'm not calling you a liar just something had to be amiss on that run.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 09-24-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

he just said 40 is bad for him because the car wont downshift or something, so idk, were supposed to re race this weekend and try it from a 20 roll, and a 45

anyways, since my car is 5speed, what gears should i go with? and how much will they take off my 1/4 mile

also, when installing new gears is a install kit needed? or is it optional

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    BallerMaro13 I didn't know you had a V8 any mods?
                    yes sir, '00 Z28 t56 ls1 --- arctic white with alloy SS rims and full ground effects package from factory. right now i just have free mods and basically stock (slp cai, k&n, plugs, etc) on her while i'm beefing up the 6banger, then my old man and i are gonna start making it into a monster and look at picking up a 5th gen down the road.

she's basically just our toy, so it stays in his garage and i come drive it when i go home, usually a couple of times a month i take her out. i keep the v6 at my place in the garage since i'm always working on it, i usually get her out a few times a week when it's nice.

around here, i rarely would need the power of an ls1 to handle the ricers and all-show-no-go guys---so i concentrate on the 3.8 to have something unique.
                    Last edited by BallerMaro13; 09-24-2009, 11:32 AM.
                    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

he just said 40 is bad for him because the car wont downshift or something, so idk, were supposed to re race this weekend and try it from a 20 roll, and a 45

anyways, since my car is 5speed, what gears should i go with? and how much will they take off my 1/4 mile

also, when installing new gears is a install kit needed? or is it optional
                      keep us posted on that, i'm very interested to see what's going on.

safe route- go 3.42's, but when i do mine i'm pretty sure i want 3.73's to get some extra kick in the pants. takeoff should be amazing with my suspension and future h/c. i couldn't tell ya how much you'll save in the 1/4, but you'll definitely be much better off, especially with posi.

sigpic

Comment

i already have a posi, and i have 3.23, it seems like a waste to go through the trouble to just change it to 3.42 to only get a little advantage over my stock gears

Comment

^agreed.

sigpic

Comment

:bs: BTW this is a kill story on the street. Mandatory 4 week ban here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                              keep us posted on that, i'm very interested to see what's going on.

safe route- go 3.42's, but when i do mine i'm pretty sure i want 3.73's to get some extra kick in the pants. takeoff should be amazing with my suspension and future h/c. i couldn't tell ya how much you'll save in the 1/4, but you'll definitely be much better off, especially with posi.
                              I have 3.73's with my A4 and the UMI TQ arm with all the other suspension mods it will throw you back in your seat, just a little slip on launch at 2200RPMS which is what I want, then just throws you back on 2nd witha little chirp same for 3rd I love it, can't wait for the turbo to go on, then the 275/40-17 M.T. drag radials and front prostars go on.:burn: I have taken so much weight off the front its crazy, but will be adding about 30-40LBS with the turbo & piping. My estimated weight is around 2800-2900LBS(without me in it 280LB's).:) Fondle def. rerace him because if your even close to him theirs something wrong with his car,seriously.
                              Last edited by ssms5411; 09-24-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                                :bs: Btw this is a kill story on the street. Mandatory 4 week ban here.
                                lol,hahaha

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X