woo got in the 14's :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: woo got in the 14's :)

depends on the stall...times will also vary from track to track. theres all kinds of formulas for altitude or w/e...someone can explain it better than me im sure because i really dont know anything about it lol
    sigpic

Comment

Stall will help immensely. Figure at least half a second with the right tires.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

So I'm upgrading the gears from 3.08 to 3.42(gears came today!), intake mod (shave lid & I already have the pvc with couplings), and aluminum driveshaft (soon if I can find one), and I already have '00 C5 Vette Wheels Factory Silver 17x8.5 Fronts and 18x9.5 Rears but no lsd...I might wait on the stall til after I get this other stuff done and break in the gears for a lil while

So I should lose a nice chunk of 1/4 mile time with these, how much more would I lose with the lsd? Thanks

Comment

is your car auto?

Comment

sadly yes I had a 5speed for 5 years then bought this black camaro even though its an auto

Comment

The 17" wheels are going to slow you down compared to the stock wheels.
              sigpic

Comment

Get a shift kit , stall and hptuners. You can't shift faster than a computer and times will be pretty much closer all the time. I had a manual for 10 years in my car and now with the auto for over 3 years, I should of just got a auto to begin with.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  Get a shift kit , stall and hptuners. You can't shift faster than a computer and times will be pretty much closer all the time. I had a manual for 10 years in my car and now with the auto for over 3 years, I should of just got a auto to begin with.
                  bs my buddy has the exact same car of the exact same year with an auto I shift so much faster not only can you see it you can hear it

Comment

i beat my friend bad at the track and he had a auto also

Comment

Im a manual guy but autos get down the track faster. You can program an auto, a manual has and will always have a delay (even if your wheels squeel in every geer). The human is slower than the machine.

This is the reason all the top dogs are goin to 4L80E's over there old 6 speeds or even 4L60's

Ill beat autos up all day long on the street. I can drop down 2 gears faster then they can. I also have a better launch than most autos. I can control the amount of torque with my clutch and Throttle pedel working together.

My car is a daily so i will keep a manual, much more fun IMO

Comment

very true, i made a 1998 ls1 camaro with headers,exhaust,ls6 intake, and long tubes look retarded from a 40 roll, i put 1.5 bus lengths on him, and had him beat all the way up to 100 before i started sloing back down, because he was auto and i was manual

Comment

I'd prefer the manual (thats what I was originally looking for)...what all is involved in a conversion? Trans. (obviously), New center console, etc...

My reason is that I rarely make it to the track as it is with school and like Chevy3504Me said "it's much more fun" I agree, except in uphill creeping traffic lol but you'll have that

Comment

Originally posted by franklint06 View Post
                            So I'm upgrading the gears from 3.08 to 3.42(gears came today!), intake mod (shave lid & I already have the pvc with couplings), and aluminum driveshaft (soon if I can find one), and I already have '00 C5 Vette Wheels Factory Silver 17x8.5 Fronts and 18x9.5 Rears but no lsd...I might wait on the stall til after I get this other stuff done and break in the gears for a lil while

So I should lose a nice chunk of 1/4 mile time with these, how much more would I lose with the lsd? Thanks
                            Those gears won't work for you. 3.08's = 2 series carrier 3.42's = 3 series carrier. You need a new diff, preferbly posi. Sell the vette wheels, get a real posi and converter :) Oh, and get a real lid. You can find one for like $50 bucks online.
                            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Yeah they will i got the thicker gears from richmond (for the Carrier #2) so you don't have to get the spacer kit with the carrier #3 gears...this will work til i get a different rear end mine whines right now (bought it like that)...when I upgrade to the carrier 3 I'll get the lsd and yeah until I find a lid I'll stay with the homemade :-) i only got a small budget currently (oh and wheels came on it when I bought it but they don't look too bad) I havent had it but for about 3 months so lil here lil there it'll get done eventually

Thanks and I'll take those tips into consideration mainly worried about school right now more than fixing the car but its always on my mind lol...it gets dings and stuff at school in parking garage I hate that more than anything!!! stupid irresponsible college students

For the highway part of it the 3.08 gears last weekend got me 30 mpg lol from Knoxville to Nashville it was crazy and I was doing like 85-90 the whole way!
                              Last edited by franklint06; 09-23-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

how much time would i shave off my 1/4 mile going from 3.23 to 4.10? or 3.73? does will it make a huge difference in the street?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X