How much does used hptuners go for nowadays? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does used hptuners go for nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much does used hptuners go for nowadays?

Hey Keith.... keep up the good work man. Without HP i'd be nowhere with my turbo project :D
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
      Well, its not like I am just some guy.. I am one of the original members of this forum and have built up a reputation here as well. If you do not believe me feel free to do some searches. I used to be a moderator here, helped create the engine tech section of the database and managed the timeslip database for many years as well as a few of the advanced tech stickies. In fact, I still carry the moderator tag with pride. :)

Its apparent that you really haven't used our software and the power of the displays, which is fine.

For example, today we were tuning zach's twin turbo vette. We used the 3D display on his VE table a good amount of the time to get the transitions between part throttle and high load smooth to help the fueling transition between these areas.

This is something that you simply cannot do with a table display alone, its just too time consuming and requires an extreme amount of effort to be able to see the contour of the table by a grid alone.

You should use our product and the histogram copy and paste special into tables to see how truely powerful that "bling" is. I can assure you that using our products "bling" will allow you to tune vehicle MUCH faster and easier once you understand it.

If you talk to professional tuners that do know how to tune properly, you'll see that the "bling" is really not "bling" at all and instead are very powerful features that were requested of our product by professional tuners.

Our product is used by companies like magnuson, wheel to wheel, intense, zzp, lg motorsports, ls1 speed, etc. etc.. and I'd bet none of them would tell you that they think of the graphs as bling but rather think of them as powerful tools to help them dial in their tunes.

Either way, to each their own. I have no problem showing people how to use our software though at events and such. If you see me feel free to say hi and ask questions.

Thanks

PS. High to all the good ole boys. :)

- Keith, an old has been.

Keith - Chicago
      HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming
      97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap
      V8 9.967@132.78 1.322 60' on the back tires - NA (Heads/Cam) LG Motorsports Package
      V8 10.295@128.48 1.363 60' - NA (Cam Only)
      V8 10.987@119.31 1.422 60' - NA (Stock Internals) RECORD!
      V6 13.674@98.22 1.774 60' - NA
      V6 12.394@104.91 1.681 60' - N20 100HP

zzp used to run a dhp tuner until they broke their contract and had no choice but to go with HPT....i also believe that intense pulled thissame crap but thats another story all together and i dont really know about that one.

besides that I am not even about to tryt o get into a pissing match with HPT employees since they have no choice but to be biased to their product. I do not work for DHP i am a professional tuner that uses DHP's product.

Comment

Originally posted by lvemy3100
        lol... i think its funny how some guy who works for HPT to says its SOOO much easier to use their product because of the graphs...

i think i will stick with my original post and say again.... imo- anyone who claims they would be lost without the graphs and sh*t taht HPT uses shouldnt be even bothering with tuning in the first place

to me its just a bunch of useless bling put in to hold the hands of people who shouldnt be bothering tuning their own car in the first place

again this is just my opinion

BTW i DO NOT work for DHP i just use their tuner

We get the point you are all over DHP's nuts...

Magnus don't worry what this tool thinks. he considers a tune where I lowered the fan temps and raised the top speed limiter and recalibrated the speedo as "heavy PCM modification"

So what you are saying is anyone that uses HPtuners shouldn't be tuning theirr cars anyways? So all the people that have been and are breaking records are doing it all wrong? What our the top number guys compared to DHP.

If your only complaint about HPtuners is that it has graphs in it. NEWSFLASH! you don't have to use them. You still have the normal tables to modify if you prefer that way. You don't have to use graphs if you don't want to. In fact you have to press a button at the top of the table to switch to the graph mode.

So quit Hijacking threads ******, this is the 2nd time you have done this in like a week. You have already proved once you know nothing about v6 f-bodies.

And before you start crying about hijacking a thread, you were the one to bring up how DHP is better then HPtuners, in a thread that is about how much could I sell my used copy of HPtuners for. Which I doubt I will, just out of modding my current car for the most part and going to sell it eventually but I have no money. but then again I just might wait I get my next car and just add that license on and continue to use hptuners.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I hate those threads too, "which one is better.." cr@p . Any tune is better than no tune, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by iGoRa
            I hate those threads too, "which one is better.." cr@p . Any tune is better than no tune, end of story.

x2

enough said

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X