How much does used hptuners go for nowadays? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does used hptuners go for nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much does used hptuners go for nowadays?

word!
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I was thinking of going with dhp tuners but the ppl here with hptuners when they get stuck they just help out one another by sending files, not sure if you can do that with DHP

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
      Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
      http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

yes people who have DHP can send each other files to use so long as they arent the files that DHP gives you to help you start out with tuning (1.0 or 1.5 files)

but if the file is all your own then no one cares... also there isnt much point in trying to run another person tune on your car since all vehicles respond differently to the same tunes even if they are the same setup... although it may be closer than starting from stock it can also lead to possible damage to your car or yourself if the file was somehow "fat-fingered" or otherwise bad.

the best way to tune (for a novice) is to start from stock and make 1 change and do a bunch of scanning to see what affect that 1 change made on the performance of the vehicle....

Comment

Thing with DHP... isn't there forum locked out for non-owners still?
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

yes the DHP customer forum is still locked to non-owners. you can still go to GMv6pcm.com and view general sections of the forum if you arent a customer. the only things taht DHP customers can view that others cant is really just things that you wouldnt need to be able to see unless you own a tuner.

why would DHP want to give away their support and knowledge to people who dont run their tuner... that would be the equivalant of them shooting themselves in the foot

Comment

Just a hangup I had on it... I hate censorship of knowledge.

Not sure of the new things with DHP, but I have heard HPT user interface is alot easier to use and deal with on a daily basis.

Not that DHP doesn't work.
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

everyone really seems to have mixed feeling about them after they have used both... me i dont know i only use DHP but from what i can see people that have used both say HPT is better if youarent very good at visualizing graphs in your head where as an experienced tuner tends to like DHP ... I really dont know why.

it seems that more poeple like the HPT since its a little fancier in appearance... but to me all that crap is just stuff to drive my eyes nuts..

for me its a major plus to not have all that fancy crap and to be able to cut right to the chase since I can visualize graphs in my head...

to each their own i guess

Comment

You see, you do a good promotion here, but when I was looking for the tuning software and was considering DHP, I didn’t buy them because:
                  Their website sucks; I thought that was a joke and didn’t even know if that would work on my vehicle. There is no place where it says what years you are getting. I didn’t even know that they do have support /support forum. No one use here dhp, so I would spend this money and after I’m on my own? at least with hpt i always had that if i couldnt do something , there is ppl here that would help. DHP is kind of late for Cv6/Fv6. now the most of us has hpt, and no one (except you) who can help with dhp (and ? - did you ever tune camaro or firebird?)
                  Does DHP have wideband option?
                  There are lots of things to consider.

Comment

yes i agree their site is a POS but the customer support as well as the support forum are awsome...

the reason why they SEEM to be late is because theynever tried to advertise to ANYONE... the owner of the company developed the tuner for just Grand Prixs but since they had the knowledge and ability they ended up making the tuner avail to all peeps with GM v6's if they dont have your car in the system they will add it just so that you can join in the fun...

the owner of the company also has a day job and works double shifts so I would chalk that up to being the reason why their site sux... however the support forum is full of info that really imo puts the HPT support and forum to shame.

and yes they do have A/D support (wideband o2).. it couldnt really be considered a tuner if it didnt.

as far as tuning is concerend i wouldnt worry aboutHPT users not being able to help you since they CAN... how you tune is the same with either DHP or HPT it is mainly the layout that is different.. if you have a prob with that you will find plenty of support on the DHP forum and from me (if I am feeling nice)

as far as where to buy one.... other than direct you can go to http://65.109.52.43/dealers.htm which is the official list of DHP dealers

HTH

Comment

I think HP T has a good future ahead of them. They recently partnered with Superchips.
                      They used to have horrible support, but recently theres been alot more users/Gurus.

How hard is it to make a good website anyways? ha! He must not be very good at HTML/ Javascript or whatever they use, cause its not hard to write a webpage. Even if he was busy working a job, it wouldnt take that long to write a good page. Just my .02 cents ;)
                      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

he just doesnt have time to fix it...

like i said he works double shifts (16hrs) at his day job and all his "free time" is spent on customer support, and taking care of his kids

would you rather see an awsome site that entices you to buy the tuner and then find out that you arent able to get support from anywhere but other customers.... or have a ****ty site and awsome support?

i agree HPT may have a good future with all of that backing from superchips but that just gives them justification to up price where as with DHP the price never went up.. only down. not to mention that you get way more vehicle support for the money spent..

as far as I can see HPT just likes to give its customers alotof bling that serves no purpose if you can use your brain properly...

imo- anyone who claims they would be lost without the graphs and sh*t taht HPT uses shouldnt be even bothering with tuning in the first place

Comment

i dont even need graphs, I agree with the bling factor

Comment

Hey everyone, figured I'd post a quick blurb.

As you become more experienced with tuning the graphs become very important. Without the graphs its extremly difficult to see trends and the contours of your tables.

Here are a couple examples:
                            http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ble_editor.htm

And here, toward the bottom, you can see how you can use the graphical display to see areas that need work in various tables:
                            http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...dvanced_ve.htm

Also, in our 3D display you can edit the table as well to help smooth it out. It is MUCH easier to hand smooth a table by using the 3D display and simply dragging points than it is to use a fixed grid display and enter in numbers.

Hope this helps.

- Keith, HP Tuners

PS. Someone break into the 9's already! :)
                            Last edited by Magnus; 06-07-2006, 03:02 PM.
                            Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                              Hey everyone, figured I'd post a quick blurb.

As you become more experienced with tuning the graphs become very important. Without the graphs its extremly difficult to see trends and the contours of your tables.

Here are a couple examples:
                              http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ble_editor.htm

And here, toward the bottom, you can see how you can use the graphical display to see areas that need work in various tables:
                              http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...dvanced_ve.htm

Also, in our 3D display you can edit the table as well to help smooth it out. It is MUCH easier to hand smooth a table by using the 3D display and simply dragging points than it is to use a fixed grid display and enter in numbers.

Hope this helps.

- Keith, HP Tuners

PS. Someone break into the 9's already! :)
                              lol... i think its funny how some guy who works for HPT to says its SOOO much easier to use their product because of the graphs...

i think i will stick with my original post and say again.... imo- anyone who claims they would be lost without the graphs and sh*t taht HPT uses shouldnt be even bothering with tuning in the first place

to me its just a bunch of useless bling put in to hold the hands of people who shouldnt be bothering tuning their own car in the first place

again this is just my opinion

BTW i DO NOT work for DHP i just use their tuner

Comment

Well, its not like I am just some guy.. I am one of the original members of this forum and have built up a reputation here as well. If you do not believe me feel free to do some searches. I used to be a moderator here, helped create the engine tech section of the database and managed the timeslip database for many years as well as a few of the advanced tech stickies. In fact, I still carry the moderator tag with pride. :)

Its apparent that you really haven't used our software and the power of the displays, which is fine.

For example, today we were tuning zach's twin turbo vette. We used the 3D display on his VE table a good amount of the time to get the transitions between part throttle and high load smooth to help the fueling transition between these areas.

This is something that you simply cannot do with a table display alone, its just too time consuming and requires an extreme amount of effort to be able to see the contour of the table by a grid alone.

You should use our product and the histogram copy and paste special into tables to see how truely powerful that "bling" is. I can assure you that using our products "bling" will allow you to tune vehicle MUCH faster and easier once you understand it.

If you talk to professional tuners that do know how to tune properly, you'll see that the "bling" is really not "bling" at all and instead are very powerful features that were requested of our product by professional tuners.

Our product is used by companies like magnuson, wheel to wheel, intense, zzp, lg motorsports, ls1 speed, etc. etc.. and I'd bet none of them would tell you that they think of the graphs as bling but rather think of them as powerful tools to help them dial in their tunes.

Either way, to each their own. I have no problem showing people how to use our software though at events and such. If you see me feel free to say hi and ask questions.

Thanks

PS. High to all the good ole boys. :)

- Keith, an old has been.

Keith - Chicago
                                HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming
                                97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap
                                V8 9.967@132.78 1.322 60' on the back tires - NA (Heads/Cam) LG Motorsports Package
                                V8 10.295@128.48 1.363 60' - NA (Cam Only)
                                V8 10.987@119.31 1.422 60' - NA (Stock Internals) RECORD!
                                V6 13.674@98.22 1.774 60' - NA
                                V6 12.394@104.91 1.681 60' - N20 100HP
                                Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X