How much does used hptuners go for nowadays? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does used hptuners go for nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does used hptuners go for nowadays?

one year, lifetime free upgrades?
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Re: How much does used hptuners go for nowadays?

For what year?

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
    1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
    1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

-Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

if you only got 1 year, dont you have extra credits left over for another year/model?
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

.yes.

Comment

I will give you $250 if you do have the credits leftover so I can get it to work for 97.
            1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Itwas purchased before they offered 2 vehicles...

I been out of the loop I never understood the "credit" system.

Comment

me neither, I bought mine before they offered the credit system.
                I guess its a good idea.
                But DAM IT, they should've given you a license for another year/model!!!
                Sometimes I think they're a little shisty and want that $$$$. ;)
                Dont get me wrong, I love my HP T!! I'm just saying its expensive @ $660 for the EIO MPVI PRO version. DHP is the only other option which is a good buy. But HP T is probably better, and probably will keep getting alot better
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                  me neither, I bought mine before they offered the credit system.
                  I guess its a good idea.
                  But DAM IT, they should've given you a license for another year/model!!!
                  Sometimes I think they're a little shisty and want that $$$$. ;)
                  Dont get me wrong, I love my HP T!! I'm just saying its expensive @ $660 for the EIO MPVI PRO version. DHP is the only other option which is a good buy. But HP T is probably better, and probably will keep getting alot better

considering the new price structure I would say that DHP is the way to go....

here's a quote from the owner of DHP on glubgp.com...

Originally posted by beyerch
                  In order to continue to offer the best values to our customer, we will be shortly changing our pricing structure as follows. We would like to say thank you to all of the honest and trustworth enthusiasts out there and this is our way of saying 'thanks'!

Please NOTE : I expect the retailers to get innundated with this, and there will be some longer than normal delays more than likely. We will do everything to get every order updated so that everyone is up to date.

With that said .....

PowrTuner - Retail $399
                  Included
                  -----------
                  1 - Super Add-On*
                  98 - 02 3800 Wide Open
                  - OR -
                  98 - 02 3400 Wide Open
                  - OR -
                  98 - 02 3100 Wide Open

1 - Normal Add-On
                  (i.e. 97 grand prix GT).

Add-Ons
                  ------------
                  - Additional Model Year vehicles (i.e. 97 gtp) - = +$99
                  - Analog to Digital Add On = +$100

# - Disclaimer should be denoted for the items above. Would prefer a check box inidcating customer accepts terms.

----------------------

DHP 1.0 PCM - = $99
                  - Core charges
                  - $125 for 96/97 Units
                  - $100 for 98 - 02 Units
                  - $125 for 03 Units
                  - $150 for 04 - 05 Units
                  - $250 for 05+ ECM (i.e. GXP)
                  - $250 for 05+ TCM (i.e. GXP)
                  * STRICT 14 day return for cores and must include matching coupon (included with order).

- Custom work is on as requested basis. Contact support@digitalhorsepower.corphelp.net

We once again thank our loyal and honest friends for their support !
                  so for ~400 you get 1 single yr, make, model + you get a Wide open selection (wide open means access to any and all cars within 98-02 that use your wide open engine option on...)

for instance if you own a 97 3.8 then you would want to make that your primary vehicle then for the wide open you could select 98-02 3.8 and youwould then have access for all 97-02 3.8's

note- when it says "custom work" that means he will edit things they way YOU want. It does NOT mean that it is custom to your mods (unless you ask him for something like gear changes.. but tahts not really tuning)
                  Last edited by lvemy3100; 06-01-2006, 06:06 AM.

Comment

also I am told that there will be plenty of updatesto come from DHP so no worries there. plus the wide open option is retroactive... meaning taht if you had purchased a tuner prior to this deal coming out you would still get the W/O option at no cost and with no need to ship the tuner back to DHP.
                    Last edited by lvemy3100; 06-01-2006, 06:03 AM.

Comment

offtopic: Mark , could you update your email , so I can contact you

Comment

mkpracing@aol.com

Comment

got it !

Comment

CLEARLY DHP is the way better buy!
                            And is more profitable for a tuner, where it will actually pay for itself after a few tunes

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                              CLEARLY DHP is the way better buy!
                              And is more profitable for a tuner, where it will actually pay for itself after a few tunes

well if you could charge for tuning while using a personal version than yes it would be profitable but when you purchase a personal version tuner you are made to basically sign an agreement to not tune any car for profit.... DHP does however understand the dillema this presents and have said in the past that its ok to help friends but if there is money exchanging hands as a result of this help then it would be in the best interest of the owner of the tuner to send a little extra cash their way to keep them from getting upset.

BTW- DHP is able to monitor the usageof its customers tuners and see what has been done.. so thinking that you are gonna try to screw them over by offering tuning for profit without giving them anything may result in a tuner interface being fried...

if you really wanna make money tuning buy a commercial version tuner and no one will care either way..

But yes IMO DHP is far better buy than anyother tuner out there.. and their support forum is filled with nothing but very informed, honest people who love to help others with tuning so long as you are willing to help yourself by actually reading instead of having everything spoon fed to you and not trying at all to figure things out..
                              Last edited by lvemy3100; 06-03-2006, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X