desensitizing knock sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: desensitizing knock sensors

I took the gear off the balance shaft so i think that could be part of the issue, and i do have the muffler hooked up right at the header collector, maybe when my exhaust comes in this week that will help a bit, having it completed. I also read on the zzp site that the gt2 will set misfire codes, could this be part of the issue? Maybe i am seeing knock at low rpms because of the cam?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I tuned a 00' Firebird and their wasn't a issue of KR , I gave it a few degrees timing. For the PO300 set your idle up to 900-1000 so it doesn't throw a PO300 code.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 09-17-2012, 01:25 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Oof, I can still run my idle down in the 7-800s.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
          Oof, I can still run my idle down in the 7-800s.
          What cam are you running? Even my VS cam was setting off the PO300 at extended idle.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            I tuned a 00' Firebird and their wasn't a issue of KR , I gave it a few degrees timing. For the PO300 set your idle up to 900-1000 so it doesn't throw a PO300 code.
            By low rpms i mean like below 2300. Steve, Alex saved the data loggs from our drive friday night. One at about an hour and another lasting about 20 minutes. Would you take a look st em for me?
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
              By low rpms i mean like below 2300. Steve, Alex saved the data loggs from our drive friday night. One at about an hour and another lasting about 20 minutes. Would you take a look st em for me?
              Go ahead and send them, ss6532@aol.com

Comment

so who all is running with 40% desensitized, and what year fbody?
                anybody wrap the knock sensor threads with a wrap or 2 of teflon tape?

Comment

bump, bump, bump it up

Comment

I am , been running 40% for about 10 years or more.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X