desensitizing knock sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desensitizing knock sensors

There is limited information I have found regarding this...but how can I desensitize the knock sensors in a series II engine?

I have read that Lt1 knock modules will work for 97 and older vehicles...what would something like that do for me?

I believe I am getting false kr that I cannot get rid of...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: desensitizing knock sensors

I found it, send me a email and I'll send you the instrucrions and program for what resistors to use at what % of desentatization you want to go. Steve email is ss6532@aol.com

P.S took me forever to find this. LOL I also heard LT4 KR modules won't work in our PCMS , I think Viper tried it and didn't work.

This is the cover page and I can't load the program so I would have to email it.

Last edited by ssms5411; 08-03-2010, 09:49 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

wow is that hard to read
      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
        wow is that hard to read
        What? You don't speak spanish.LOL I'll see if I can resize it.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 08-03-2010, 09:50 PM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

email has been sent steve. Thanks.

Comment

also, I didnt hear/read anything about LT4 modules, only LT1 modules, and I believe viper did get it working? Just not sure what the module does?

Comment

I remember emailing Viper and he said he couldn't get any of them to work , I know Malice on FTV6 was using the same method I'm using when he had his turbo V6. I sent you the program also.

Comment

I got it...ya I was reading he used some "pots" or something? it was a dial that he could turn?

Thanks for the info...I need to figure out the hardware part now.

Comment

I never got to the point of adding a dial on mine since I just keep it at one percent and leave it there, I wouldn't want to turn the % up to much and forget or someone mess with it and my engine blows up. LOL

Comment

Thanks for posting up this info. I do remember seeing this awhile ago. I tried the lt4 knock module in my 3.4 but it didn't work.

Comment

No problem if you want the program to tell you want resistors to run email me and I'll send it to you, It won't let me download the program on here.

Comment

Is there a way to do this with hptuners? I thought the knock retard attack/delay stuff had something to do with this?
                        94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
                        97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
                        98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

Originally posted by lil' jon View Post
                          Is there a way to do this with hptuners? I thought the knock retard attack/delay stuff had something to do with this?

Yes. You can control how much timing is pulled and how fast it's pulled per knock event. You can also control how fast it is added back. I have done it this way with great success.

RussK's posts over on the HPT board explains how to.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                            Yes. You can control how much timing is pulled and how fast it's pulled per knock event. You can also control how fast it is added back. I have done it this way with great success.

RussK's posts over on the HPT board explains how to.
                            but by doing it this way, you are still having timing being pulled...I want to desensitize the sensors so they dont see this false knock and nothing gets pulled...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                              but by doing it this way, you are still having timing being pulled...I want to desensitize the sensors so they dont see this false knock and nothing gets pulled...
                              X2, This is why I did it this way , I started trying it on hptuners and it messed all kinfs of stuff up. I sctually got more KR in the end. LOL This way you don't see the false KR so theres no worring about messing with decay rates and all that stuff. If Hpruners would of gave us KR senititivly control like the V8's we would be set.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X