Probably joining the dark side in 2006 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably joining the dark side in 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It prob isn't too difficult to do.... just make new fuel rails.

I'd go with a 'hard line' nitrous system
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I'm wanting it because it is easier than a direct port (at least i would think it would be) and from what i can see it should be safer than a wet kit as far as puddling goes (really anal about that). How much does it cost for a good direct port kit after installation? I would imagine a lot more than the Noszle kit but if i'm wrong then let me know and will just throw down and a DP kit instead.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:

I'd go with a 'hard line' nitrous system
        hell yeah [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] ..i seriously considered drilling and tapping my 2nd upper intake for one..put the nozzles right on the top..down the sides..and there ya go..spraying right down each runner..you can buy the hard lines from summit..they're pretty easy to work with..i dont think you'd be able to drill the lower intake for one because it would be too thick for the nozzles and there woulnt be enough room for them in the engine
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I was quoted $800+- for install

Comment

Seriously dude, get a dry kit and go to direct port another day, you cna resell what parts you don't use on ebay easy...

I bought a nitrous kit for $350 and sold it all for $520.
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

yeah..and as far as performance..NOS 5175 has now put at least two members here in the 12s..consistantly i was running low 13s with it..remember i run slow as hell NA
              <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Not really tuned either ^^^
                Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

yup..stock pcm

Comment

just get a dry kit, and upgrade it to direct port later, you are looking at alot of money up front if you go straight to direct.
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I went stock ecu, fuel pump, injectors, tb, cam and 3:23's.... and went 12.8 on nos kit 5175

Comment

why just inect the nos into the fuel supply? just tee off the connectors ?

i don't know, seems like it may work, that or you'll stall lol, just somthing i was wondering about
                        www.turbov6camaro.com
                        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

thats basically what the NOSzle system does..it injects the nitrous right in where the fuel injectors go..it has adaptors that go right around the injectors themselves..or do you mean injecting the nitrous up-stream into the gasoline itself??..nitrous is approximately -127* ..so that may cause complications..and it also needs to be injected at least at 950 psi..i dont know if the fuel components could handle that sort of pressure

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
                            thats basically what the NOSzle system does..it injects the nitrous right in where the fuel injectors go..it has adaptors that go right around the injectors themselves..or do you mean injecting the nitrous up-stream into the gasoline itself??..nitrous is approximately -127* ..so that may cause complications..and it also needs to be injected at least at 950 psi..i dont know if the fuel components could handle that sort of pressure
                            hehe nm you would stall from the ice's up gas
                            www.turbov6camaro.com
                            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

NOSzles inject the nitrous into the fuel injector boss..... I just don't like it though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X