Probably joining the dark side in 2006 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably joining the dark side in 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably joining the dark side in 2006

Well, due to my lower income i am seriously thinking about nitrous over building my turbo kit. I have been looking into the Noszle kit because i think i could install it myself where as i dont see how i could do a real direct port without paying a shop to do it for me. So here comes the question, where is the cheapest place to get a full Noszle kit from? Also any info on problems i might incounter on the install would be appreciated so i can try to figure out a way around them. Thanks.

[ September 25, 2005, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: T-Punk ]
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

nitrous! gasp!!

I think their is issues with the nosszle system and out cars, I believe 1dangerousv6 ;) was the only one to attempt it. I'd do a search of it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

there was a dude selling NOS wet kit with purge on fuelslut for $250, barely used, was on a supra.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Thanks for the info but i am really wanting DP if i go nitrous (fear of puddling).

[ September 25, 2005, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: T-Punk ]
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

1dangersousv6 tried it on his car but ran into a fuel rail problem. Something about the nozzles being to tall or something. A custom/modified rail needed to be made for it to work or something.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life:
          1dangersousv6 tried it on his car but ran into a fuel rail problem. Something about the nozzles being to tall or something. A custom/modified rail needed to be made for it to work or something.
          He said it. There was a clearance issue, I beleive his mechanic attempted to modify the fuel rail, or maybe the kit, to get it work. He had no luck.
          -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

yup..on my car it required mods to the fuel rail..since i really didnt have the money for this..and didnt really feel comfortable doing it..i didnt go for it..but it can be done..you will also need to find custom spacers to slide over the studs that hold the fuel rail on..if i still had them id give em to you..i believe the outside diameter needed to be 1/2"..inside 1/4"..and spacer height 3/4" ..which is how much higher the fual rail will need to be [img]smile.gif[/img]
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk:
              Thanks for the info but i am really wanting DP if i go nitrous (fear of puddling).
              dry shot [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by T-Punk:
                dry shot [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Dry is for the weak [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

fear of backfires was one of the reasons i wanted to go either DP or dry ..but hey..dry took me to 12s ..and consistant 13.1s and 13.4s (depending on jetting).. before i forgot to turn my pump on :D
                  <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I'm pretty set on the Noszle kit. As for the fuel rail problems, 1DV6 do you have any pics of the problems you had? Also where did you get the spacers for the studs and what were they made out of? What kind of interferance will i be dealing with? How did the rails need to be modified to get them to work? Finally do you believe in the nitrous gods?

Comment

i dont have any pics or anything..as for the spacers..i got them from some company i found online..they sold them in bulk..like 500 at a time or something..but they were cool enough to send me 4 as a sample..i forget who they were..just some company i found by doing a search online..they were made out of very lightweight alluminum..but i think you might be able to get them at a hardware store..the interferance i ran into was on each side of the upper intake..the fuel rail was running into the MAP sensor on one side..and i remember some complications with the FPR on the other side..the fuel rail had to be modified to bend and curve under these things..the problem with that was that it would then misalign where the injectors needed to be..it was more than i wanted to deal with..and finally..yeah..i believe in myself :D haha..j/k...anyways..if you really do this be sure to get lots of pics cuz it would be awesome!

Comment

It will be a few months before i purchase the kit but I think this is the path im finally going to take. Thanks for the info.

Comment

no problem man..good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't suggest the NOSzle kit.

It has not produced great RWTQ #'s.

Do a search... it was discussed in the past.

A true direct port system would be nice..... or tnt/ nx wet kit works
                            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

it really does seem to be more trouble than its worth..thats why i stopped..but to each his own [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X