something is wrong with my engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loochy88:
    what were your plugs gappedat when you were spraying?
    I still spray.. .But now for my cam I gap them between .025-.027 .. on my stock motor I used .035.. I used either TR6's or Autolite 103's..
    Jeff ..
    1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
    2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
    1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
    http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
      Don't go through all that work just because one mechanic tried to get you to spend a few grand there. At least do a compression test yourself and try to find the problem.
      i agree..get a second opinion at least..it is nitrous..i've blown a rear and f*cked up a tranny and those were on smaller shots before my car was really built for it
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

i did the compression test and everything was okay. the spark plugs are gapped 35. I talked with my father and he mentioned that i should ge somewhere else. umm, i check the exhaust to see if there is a hole or somewhere but no hole. to describe whats going on more in detail. when i start the car. for the first 10 second is starts to make a ticking noise. after that it idles normal. when i accerlate right above 2500 rpm it starts to make the ticking noise. the higher the rpm the ticking noise gets louder.

Comment

Does the rate of ticking change with RPM or does it stay the same speed?
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

the rate changes

Comment

if u had a blown head gasket, you would know it [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] .... take it from me.
              brink<br />1998 White Camaro 3.8L V6:<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />No cat (straight pipe)<br />Free Ram-Air<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98</a>

Comment

sounds like a colapsed/bad lifter........
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Sounds like a HEADER GASKET!!! Not head gasket...

Or it could be your RKSport headers because they ABSOLUTELY FRICKING SUCK DONKEY BALLS~!~~

Mine leaked for a long time!
                  [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

Check header gaskets.

It doesn't take much to pop them off. Remove the gasket.... inspect... and update us.

Then... since no SES light... I'm steering away from engine related damage....

You wonder why a 35 shot has possibly caused damage...... maybe you may need to read up a bit on it... check the link at the top of this section.... what was the jets?
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X