something is wrong with my engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something is wrong with my engine

last night i use a 35 shot the usual. i wanted to use the nitrous so i went to some street that is lonely. i did two runs and the first run was perfect as well the second run. after the second run i heard a clicking or knocking noise. Especially when i accerlate the noise becomes louder. when i open the hood i hear the noise from the right side or the{driver side}. please help me. i am scared because i hope its not something that will cost to much$ :( :( :( [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

did you re-gap the spark plugs and use premium fuel?..any SES lights?..im not sure what it could be..you might wanna ask in tech too
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I use 91 from chevron no ses light came on, but the spark plugs are the stock ones. i have the spark plugs from texas speed but i have not gapped them at 35. i bit worried because its my daily driver and i work 44 hrs and go to school full time. i don't know when iam able to go to the tech.

Comment

do you have headers? Just wondering cuz they tick if they are loose. otherwise it could be something else probably not good :( .
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

yes i do have headers (rk sport} umm all day i started to think the problem is. on the second run i had my car at 1,800 rpm reving then i took off around 2300 rpm my car was peeling out for about less than a second. i have the window switch at 3000rpms. i requested a day off tommorrow but what do you think the problem is. i do not want to be fooled by the mechanic.

Comment

about the headers would they get loose if the nitrous is used. would it make a difference with a shot in order for them to get lose

Comment

the nitrous wouldn't affect them, but if the one of the gaskets is leaking it will make the tick. Check your headers first to make sure the ticking isn't coming from them.
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

that probably sounds right a gasket or spark plugs. Hopefully is not something serious. Does pep boys intall headers gaskets if you know? I have been stress out from work and school. I hope this would not add more stress. thanks 97rs your a big help :D

Comment

Was it a click or a knock? Their's a big difference b/ween the 2...

Comment

a knock is more of a hard noise. then its a click noise coming from the engine

Comment

I'd test get a ignition wire tester make sure the wires are getting juice down by the plugs.

The i woudl pull the plugs inspect them(if they are slightly old, replace them) and do a compression test in each cylinder.
                      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

my local mech said its my head gasket and it was going to cost money. :( I know I should say this but I bought most safety equipment for not having any problems with my engine. With the smallest shot a 35 how in the world that would happen. :mad: My car only has 31,000 miles on it just left me pondering Since I had the nitrous in november of 2004 i had only used it four times. Now my question to you guys. Since I am going to remove my heads should I just purchase my heads from ssm or just worry about the head gasket

Comment

Its nitrous.. You never know.. I am always scared to spray my car.. So far I broke 2 rear ends, a tranny, and a piston in my stock motor.. Thats from 2 years of spraying and the motor had 65 bottles through it before the piston broke.. ssms are awsome but see how much a local machine shop will charge to machine your heads..
                          Jeff ..
                          1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                          2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                          1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                          http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

what were your plugs gappedat when you were spraying?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Don't go through all that work just because one mechanic tried to get you to spend a few grand there. At least do a compression test yourself and try to find the problem.
                              Matt
                              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X