NX wet kit giving me intake backfires - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NX wet kit giving me intake backfires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, i guess
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ran the car last night, still poppin bad. had a blown fuse in the power wire though. dont know how that happened. back to the drawing board. pressure was at 950 and the bottle was warm with a blanket over it. a friend of mine thinks the nozzle is too close to the mass air and the nitrous is freezin the mass air and makin it pop. it would make sense since the mass air electrode i think has to operate at like 200 degress. even still, he wants me to move it in front of the mass air, i didn't think that was such a good idea, what do yall think? need major help.

Comment

here is where I have mine, no problems here.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...96_11_full.jpg
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Here is some pics of my NX nozzle and where its placed inside and out. I never get backfires as long as system is used properly.

http://uploads.fakeleg.com/tmp/Insidenozzle.jpg
          http://uploads.fakeleg.com/tmp/Outsidenozzle.jpg
          <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

my nozzle is in at the same angle and about the same location as yours is slacker, only difference is mine is a lot closer towards the mass air flow sensor. the end of my nozzle is probably 1/4 inch away from the side of the mass air, so it's not really between the blade and the maf, more like parallel with the maf. But like i say, it worked flawlessly before, y act up now. i'm gonna call nx's tech line and ask them about those solenoids.

Comment

Wet kit nozzle MUST BE BEHIND the maf.... if your friend has made the suggestion of moving it in front... you may want to steer clear of their advice for nitrous.... trust me.

Have you checked the nitrous filter.... lines to solenoids for crud/ crap?
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

i checked everything, it all looks good. a 52N and a 33F should be the right jets for a 100 shot in NX right? i know in NOS or Nitrous Works one, they use the same short jets but they say a 52N and a 25F is a 125 shot. i'm goin by what NX says is a 100 shot. i jetted the car for a 50 shot today and it took great, no pop no nothin. idk. gotta play with it some more.

Comment

jeremy@nitrousexpress.com
                  For fuel injection kit questions
                  Response within 24-48 hrs.
                  Phone: 940-767-7694

Sorry, not 100% familiar with nx jets :(

Comment

thanks for the number 12sec. they told me 52N and 31F, he said it'd be plenty safe to run a 33F so i dont' see that as the problem. I DID take the car to a guy at a stereo place today. i got the wires from him and when he looked at it he said i didn't get that white wire from him. well lookin more closely we found out my white wire used to be yellow. we put in a 14ga. wire from the battery and clicked the switch a few times and the wires never got hot. i think that could have been my whole problem. too light of a wire runnin my power supply. I'll let yall know somethin after tonight when i get my jets back from my buddy's house. thanks.

Comment

Just a shot in the dark, but is the nozzle pointing straight into the intake? If its hitting a wall it could be causing the fuel to puddle .
                      <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Originally posted by WickEdSix9838:
                        Just a shot in the dark, but is the nozzle pointing straight into the intake? If its hitting a wall it could be causing the fuel to puddle .
                        True, I had this problem at one point :(

And... the wire concern, that might be it. A good electrical system is needed.

Comment

well it was the wiring, the car runs flawlessly now. thanks alot for all that help guys. I figured that the 16 ga. wire was enough to run both those solenoids but evidently not. The car is really impressive now, i ran it numerous times on the 100 shot. time to fill the bottle with more nitrous :D . i can't thank ya'll enough.

Comment

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yup..that'll do it..a couple years ago i had to solder a wire on one of the solenoids on the dry kit i had..it didnt make a good enough connection though..not enough contact of all the little wires..it kept on popping fuses in the relay..and i could see it starting to get brown from heat where the wire was soldered (i couldnt just use a connector because it was too close to the solenoid housing)..so i just replaced the solenoid..and that was that..my whole setup now uses 10 - 14 ga. wiring [img]smile.gif[/img]
                              <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X