No announcement yet.

Turbo and nitrous at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.... since it is a daily driver... we want a kit... that has been proven.... the ATI kits (which are prob the best superchargers out there) have yet to be proven.

I like them though
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I like them too and would think the kinks are all worked out of them. With some tuning and such it should work really nice. The v8 guys run the prochargers and seem to see really good results and everything. Shouldn't be to much difference going to the v6.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I have a turbo with 9-10psi boost. I am installing a 100 wet shot on top of that. I will tell you how it goes. I think the car will be a lot of fun with both.
        1999 red camaro v6 M5: with a turbo<br />13.52@107.99<br />No, seriously: Who Farted? <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086</a>

Comment

But... this is for a daily driver....

I would want to see a perfected kit... and nothing overly extreme... for a daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:

Running dual power adders can be a nightmare....spra
            YUP!..take it from me.....and him
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

the shop gave me a choice. he will only sponsor me with the turbo or the supercharger. I had ask him about the port and polish, but the discount wasn't much at all. Umm. the turbo idea went out the window. The supercharger the idea is still there. I have to give him a answer on Saturday. I think it might be to harsh on my engine now. I won't upgrade the cam or heads for about another two years.(to expensive)

Comment

Keep us updated.... ALL power adders (nitrous, turbo, supercharger) will cause more stress to all parts on car.

Comment

More stress = less reliability and less engine life. How much reliability and engine life changes depends on the quality of the power adder kit and how extreme you go. Make it conservative to start with and work your way up and like 12sec said, go with a proven system.
                  2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

12secv6 thanks for the interest. here is the updates. the store owner and i had a meeting about the sponsorship. those that don't know my car is made to race. there is nonthing that i have in my car that is base for "looks". to the owner he felt is was a waste of time/investment to invest in a body kit or rims. since i have nitrous already he is willing to do the the dual power adder{to puchase and install a supercharger.} the advice was given to me and is was not wise to do so. i did not do the dual power adder maybe i will invest in othe things.

Comment

Have you made some passes in the car?

Comment

IMHO the NOS is only there when you hit the button..... you can't use it on the road any way.... the turbo IS ALWAYS there......

so you can use both at the track (tune for it) and you'll still have the turbo for everyday fun
                        www.turbov6camaro.com
                        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i dont think i would completely rule out the nitrous at all..i would at least use it to chill the boost or the intercooler
                          <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

1danv6 and 12secv6 what would you do considering my position. I have a wet nx system, rk sport headers, whisper lid {kn filter}, 3.42 gears going to install 3.73 next month, borla cat back exhaust, and its A4. Umm the car is a 2001 Camaro with 30,000 miles. Will you do the dual power adder with the supercharger. Since its a daily driver would you run in the street 6psi. When I go to the track sc with 6psi and the nx using 35 shot maybe 50. I go to the track once or twice a month. Again what will you do in my position?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X