Turbo and nitrous at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo and nitrous at the same time?

this shop here in cali can hook me up with turbo and installation for 1100. if i were to be sponsored by his shop. I told him about the company fff makes the turbo for my car, and he will buy it. i have nos using 75 shot and my car is a daily driver. at what psi should i have the turbo. some suggestions please? Do it or not? To harmful for my engine?

Umm yeah...what about why?
    Unless you are trying to spool a very big unit I don't see why you will need nitrous for a daily driver...MHO!
    THE ORIGINAL 3800SII turbo...<b><i>NOW SERIES-III</i></b>

Comment

Well, I purchase nitrous for track use only. I race once a month at the track. Plus its affordable at the time of purchase. I sent in a application at the local shop he like what I had to offer. He brought up the idea using nitrous and turbo at the same time. I was thinking using 75 shot and running 7 psi at the track. when iam using my car and not at the track the turbo would be running 5 or lower 3 psi if thats possible. its a thought since i can get the turbo cheaper. Or should I go a dual shot of nitrous.

Comment

You running a stock bottom end?
        94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

Why not just run the boost higher and forget the nitrous? 7 lbs isn't very beneficial and you would say considerable gains if you ran the boost higher.

Comment

i would just go with 10 - 12 lbs. of boost..NX has an intercooler sprayer..i would get that and use a small amount of nitrous or co2 for that
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Yea go with more turbo boost, and just use the nitrous to spray on your intercooler to really cool the incoming air temps down. That would make for a killer setup at the track!
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

What is the condition of the car now?
                Miles/ tranny/ mods?

I would prob explore the idea of 8-10 lbs of intercooled boost from the turbo... and run the interchiller set up for nitrous.

Running dual power adders can be a nightmare....spraying the nitrous through the intercooler will keep it much simpler.

If you REALLY want to spray also... start with a 35 shot dry.... maybe go to 50 MAX to be safe?
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

thanks people i have plenty of options with my new sponsorship. 12secv6 brought up the idea nightmare that is something I don't want to deal with. The car has 31,000 miles on it its a 2001 camaro. ummm thanks people for the ideas on thoughts. i ask this question on the nitrous forum because of the trust. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] I will stick with the nx and just upgrade with something else ;) ;) ;)

Comment

also i want to spray on a 100 shot because it fun

Comment

If you are going to do a dual power adder system i would go with a SC instead of a turbo. My reason is that the cams for SC and Nitrous are very similar so you would likely have fewer problems and it would be easier to tune. A Turbo cam is very different and would impede the performance of the nitrous. A shot smaller than a 50 shot would be good to spool up a big turbo but other than that i dont see nitrous as being a good idea with a turbo (asside from the interchiller).
                      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

so you say the super charger uh? {As a daily driver} Go with the super charger then run with a 50 shot of nx. That is running stock cam or with internal parts of the engine. So who argree then should I run with the super charger and nitrous or nitrous only?

Comment

Daily driver.... keep it simple.

I'd probably chose.... hmmmmm....

Powerdyne isn't intercooled... I'd prefer an intercooled version... parastic loss (takes power to make power)

Turbo IS intercooled... but creates EXCESSIVE heat which can shorten life of engine electronics... no parasitic loss

Nitrous is "intercooled" due to cold temp... is violent with power increase.... bottles must be kept at certain temp to increase/ decrease bottle psi.

You gotta decide on what YOU want.... we can only offer guideance
                          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

You could go with a Procharger which is an intercooled supercharger and then do a 50 shot on top of that when needed. Upgrade internals and get a sc cam and up that boost up along with the shot, fun stuff ahead then. Oh yea, before that though you need suspension, tranny and rear end work to handle it all.

Comment

Oh yea and then get back to us on the results of the Procharger because all the other testers of it for us left the forums.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X