I think i'm going to stop myself here... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think i'm going to stop myself here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If in doubt, quit while you are ahead.
    [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

Turbo it.
      \'85 Z28, T-tops new LG4 and TH700<br />\'85 3.4L 5-speed<br />mods: <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4</a> the nitrous exhaust O2 safety, pg 3. <br />Areo space materal engineer wantabe

Comment

^that too..or a supercharger..if you're concerned about the dealership a supercharger is another thing where you can strip off the head unit/tubing and FMU in 20 minutes..but i seriously doubt your car would have any problems at all running 6 psi [img]smile.gif[/img]
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Um.... a turbo.... supercharger... or even nitrous kit isn't exactly getting removed in no time.... maybe nitrous kit though...

If there is doubt... DON'T do it
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

i think the real reason i was geting the kit was because i wanted to show my friends who always talk **** on my car that it can be a beast... but i dont need to ****ing prove anything to them, i love my car, and if they dont, eh, screw them. im just glad that i realized this and stopped before i did something that i would regret... and i know that i would have only used it on the street, there are no drags close enough for me... and i can just imagine the problems and trouble i would have run into... im only 17, maybe this is a sign of me growing up and becoming a little more responsible, or as some of you said, just being a pansy. whatever the reason, ill leave the dragging to those of you with the money/daily drivers to depend on when your engine breaks.. i just cant support that kind of problem....

its like getting ready to have unprotected sex, you get all ready and caught up in everything, but 7/8s of the way in you go "wait a minute, i dont want a baby" lmao...

then you get a condom (daily driver) and your good to go.
            -Hawk<br /><br />===================================<br />Black 2001 Pontiac Firebird<br />Automatic Transmission Street Bird<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/550453\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/550453</a> <br /><br />\"Live like you were Dying\"

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
              Um.... a turbo.... supercharger... or even nitrous kit isn't exactly getting removed in no time.... maybe nitrous kit though...

If there is doubt... DON'T do it
              i removed my powerdyne kit in a 1/2 hour tops :D (i was not using the BTM..and the other parts are all just bolt-on)
              <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

30 minutes tops?
                This include the FMU?
                All brackets?

Just a huge amount of work though....

Comment

Originally posted by DarkEcho:
                  i think the real reason i was geting the kit was because i wanted to show my friends who always talk **** on my car that it can be a beast... but i dont need to ****ing prove anything to them, i love my car, and if they dont, eh, screw them. im just glad that i realized this and stopped before i did something that i would regret... and i know that i would have only used it on the street, there are no drags close enough for me... and i can just imagine the problems and trouble i would have run into... ..
                  I think that is a very responsible and respectable position to take, especially after doing the extensive research/ question asking youve been doing. Congratulations on your decision, and good luck with your car in the future.
                  \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

It sucks 2 not have a car once you've had one~ if you don't have the $ 2 fix anything you'd break I'd say prolly don't do it... sound kinda ify about it newayz and just be'n unsure and scared... you could get mess up or spray when you shouldn't... ect... and I don't know personally but you sound a lil low on wrench time 2 soOo maybe you should just make it look and sound fast... leave tha nitrous 2 tha big boys. A dependable car is worth more than a fast one sometimes. Also~I've been 18 since september... I'm still push'n warranty 2... but thRs still a bottle where my spare tire should be lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                      30 minutes tops?
                      This include the FMU?
                      All brackets?

Just a huge amount of work though....
                      yup..the FMU pretty much just unplugs..the head unit has 3 direct replacement bolts that hold it on..but yes..its a HUGE PITA! ..especially getting it out from under the a/c line..luckily i had my gf there to hold that up for me while i lifted out the head unit..while yelling many 4-letter words at it haha [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Have you ever weighed the blower?

Comment

I can remove the Procharger headunit and attached in 20 mins or less..

And my headunit weighs abou 8lbs ... in a box.

Comment

really?..my powerdyne head unit is pretty heavy..my weights probably gonna be more like 3330 lbs. ..something like that

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
                              really?..my powerdyne head unit is pretty heavy..my weights probably gonna be more like 3330 lbs. ..something like that
                              The powerdyne weighs 3330 lbs???

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X