Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #24 injectors?

Originally posted by 1998silverbird View Post
    It might just be worth it to add a fuel portion to your N20 Setup. You wouldnt have to worry about upgrading the injectors. I was running a 125 shot with a fully built Heads cam intake motor. The only fuel mod I had was a walbro 255 pump. I was making 370 rwhp on a stock tune and having a A/F ration in the low 10's the entire time. Just a suggestion.
    the thought had crossed my mind to get a wet conversion, but i read a lot of horror stories about fuel puddling and BOOM lol.. then again i will have an extra intake maifold/parts from my old motor lol. did you ever have any problems with the wet kit?

Comment

wet kits have issues when you go with larger shots, like 125 and up. 100 and below people usually are all set unless they poorly place their nozzle where it makes the fuel puddle quickly
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by camarov696 View Post
        the thought had crossed my mind to get a wet conversion, but i read a lot of horror stories about fuel puddling and BOOM lol.. then again i will have an extra intake maifold/parts from my old motor lol. did you ever have any problems with the wet kit?

There are horror stories about everything.

I can tell you that I ran a wet kit on my car for 3 years and sprayed 68 bottles of nitrous through my stock motor. The only time I had backfires is when I missed a gear, or just hit the rev limiter on the gas. I didnt have any fuel safty switch , RPM activator or nothing. It was just a WOT switch and that was it. I can tell you I had about 25 nitrous backfires and with no damage. I was running Dryer duct as a intake pipe from my whisper lid to my TB. I had a 98 so it was a angled TB and when it would have a Backfire it would blow my Dryer duct and that was it. I kept a 12 foot roll of it in the car in case I had a Backfire. Everyone use to make fun of me for it but it saved my lid and ram air box.

The only problems I had with my wet kit was me being stupid and causing the problems. If you are smart and respect the Nitrous you will be fine..
        Jeff ..
        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
          wet kits have issues when you go with larger shots, like 125 and up. 100 and below people usually are all set unless they poorly place their nozzle where it makes the fuel puddle quickly
          My nozzle was placed before the Mass Air meter on teh neck of the whisper lid.
          Jeff ..

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird View Post
            My nozzle was placed before the Mass Air meter on teh neck of the whisper lid.
            if i do decide to go this route which i think i very well might, im gunna get a TB spacer and tap my nozzle into it like ive seen a few on here do already. thanks for the info, i think you changed my mind lol

Comment

i believe theres one last thing youll want to look into,thats a 97 pcm if im not mistaken you need a 97+ for hpt

Comment

Originally posted by robmick33 View Post
                i believe theres one last thing youll want to look into,thats a 97 pcm if im not mistaken you need a 97+ for hpt
                not if he goes wet and stock injectors. Then he wouldn't "need" hptuners for 100 shot and below. Although it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by robmick33 View Post
                  already got it. i have a 97 camaro for parts. engine, trans, posi rear, everything.

Comment

not if he goes wet and stock injectors. Then he wouldn't "need" hptuners for 100 shot and below. Although it helps.

He might be able to find a Maft Translator Plus for cheap and tune the car with that. Thats what I used on motor to tune mine. You can tune A/F and Timing. I was spraying a 125 shot with Heads and cam and kept the stock A/F and timing and was fine with that. Every car is different and its better to be safe then sorry.
                    Jeff ..

Comment

you can play with the a/f ratio by playing with the fuel jet on a wet kit. ;) Just make sure you are running TR6 plugs

Comment

you can play with the a/f ratio by playing with the fuel jet on a wet kit. ;) Just make sure you are running TR6 plugs
                        i am goin with the wet kit, my mind will be a little more at ease than with a dry kit. Yea TR6 plugs are gunna be the only plugs im running. and im gunna add a wideband . thanks for all the help guys i appreciate it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X