#24 injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #24 injectors?

ok so after using the search button ALOT i have decided to stick with a 75 dry shot and 100-125 tops on the track. now would the #24 bocsh injectors from zzp be ok? I have a dynotune dry kit thats gunna be going on a rebuilt engine. Also upgrading to a walboro pump. any info from the nitrous gurus?? ive read so many different threads saying go with 24# all the way to 36# lol. thanks in advance!

Re: #24 injectors?

well at 75 shot, you can stick with stock injectors. 100 would be my max, and I would want to have a wideband to see what the a/f ratio is on the 100 and stock injectors. Or get someone with hptuners and see what kind of injector duty cycles you are hitting at 100 shot.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
      well at 75 shot, you can stick with stock injectors. 100 would be my max, and I would want to have a wideband to see what the a/f ratio is on the 100 and stock injectors. Or get someone with hptuners and see what kind of injector duty cycles you are hitting at 100 shot.
      hey thanks for the info. im planning on having an A/F guage and found a good shop in my area that tunes vettes and camaros with hp tuners and has a dyno. if i put the 24#'s in would it cause problems NA? or is that something thats tuneable? thats a stupid question but im pretty new to tuning.

also the other mods im planning is of course full exhaust/ intake. and a good nitrous cam from zzp ( still undecided on that one) . stock heads, crank and pistons. also have 3:42 gears with posi out of a trans am.
      Last edited by camarov696; 01-07-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

you can tune for the 24#'s in and tune for them no problem for NA, you need hp tuners, but its easy.

Comment

if your going to buy new injectors, dont waste your time with 24lb, you will want more power eventually and wish you had gone bigger, get some 36lb'ers for now, you can find them for 50$ everywhere

also, i would get a lean cut off for your nitrous so if you go to lean the nitrous stops so you dont f*ck something up

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
            if your going to buy new injectors, dont waste your time with 24lb, you will want more power eventually and wish you had gone bigger, get some 36lb'ers for now, you can find them for 50$ everywhere

also, i would get a lean cut off for your nitrous so if you go to lean the nitrous stops so you dont f*ck something up
            yea im putting in a fpss. 36# wont be overkill if i dont move up in power?? BTW very nice turbo build!:tup:

Comment

Originally posted by camarov696 View Post
              yea im putting in a fpss. 36# wont be overkill if i dont move up in power?? BTW very nice turbo build!:tup:
              36's are very easy to come by and are cheap. Search around on here or FTV6 for a used set, usually about $50.
              sigpic
              1997 Camaro RS A4
              2006 Chevy Colorado
              2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

another question.. which ever i decide. will the bosch 24# from zzp or the 36# fit right in? or will i need to mod them somehow?

Comment

I take it your car is a 96 from your sn. If so then the 36# GTP injectors are direct swaps. search grand prix forums as well for a set for sale. clubgp.com or 3800pro.com are good sites to find injectors as well in their for sale sections.

Also for a/f gauge, don't get a narrowband one, get a wideband one if any. Narrowband will tell you nothing but give you a light show.

If getting it tuned on a dyno, they will put a wideband in the tailpipe to get readings

Comment

I take it your car is a 96 from your sn. If so then the 36# GTP injectors are direct swaps. search grand prix forums as well for a set for sale. clubgp.com or 3800pro.com are good sites to find injectors as well in their for sale sections.

Also for a/f gauge, don't get a narrowband one, get a wideband one if any. Narrowband will tell you nothing but give you a light show.

If getting it tuned on a dyno, they will put a wideband in the tailpipe to get readings
                    yea its a 96 but the motor going in it is from a 97. should be the same right? im def. goin for the wideband. my last car i had the narrow band and threw it in the garbage lol. thanks for the links!

and let me get this straight, if i swap out the injectors and go for the 36#'s, i can get it tuned to run fine NA but still have plenty of injector left if i ever decide to run a bigger shot?

Comment

correct, it will run fine NA once tuned for the injectors. Without a tune it is gonna be bigtime rich.

Comment

correct, it will run fine NA once tuned for the injectors. Without a tune it is gonna be bigtime rich.
                        thats what im gunna do then, as long as the 36#'s will fit into a 97 motor? thanks for the help!

Comment

the motor is the same from 95-98, 99 went to the straight intakes

Comment

the motor is the same from 95-98, 99 went to the straight intakes
                            thought so.. thanks for the help!

Comment

It might just be worth it to add a fuel portion to your N20 Setup. You wouldnt have to worry about upgrading the injectors. I was running a 125 shot with a fully built Heads cam intake motor. The only fuel mod I had was a walbro 255 pump. I was making 370 rwhp on a stock tune and having a A/F ration in the low 10's the entire time. Just a suggestion.
                              Jeff ..
                              1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                              2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                              1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                              http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X