Pacesetter Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pacesetter Headers

Congrats on getting headers finally. Post some pics up when you get them in :D
    Leonard
    www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
    sigpic

Comment

I have pacesetter on my firebird and right now my car is parked because of the egr plate location. Definitely get ceramic coating, like a i dummy i listened to my dad and cousin got the regular coated ones sprayed high temp black over top of the stuff they sprayed on there during shipment and all the paint came off within a week, so i had to take them back off get them blasted painted them again and its been about 4 months and i can see rust spots on the headers and i used two cans of high temp spray.

But yeah once you install your going to get exhaust leaks you just have to keep tracking them down and repairing them. When i bought the set i used the exhause clamps on everything now I have everythin welded another problem im having is my car is lowered and the y pipe that goes under the tranny is barely two inches off the ground wish i would of smashed it a bit before installing but everything is welded now so im not removing.

Make sure you be easy on the egr pipe i wasnt when i installed it i tored the flexible pipe that attached to the headers (header mounting location is much higher than the stock manifolds) and didnt notice it so i just figured out where the exhaust leak was coming from so now i need a new egr set up.

I myself was wondering if I can just get the block off covers for now but Im now sure what it willdo to the car without that egr sure the computer will throw codes.

Comment

ill get pics up as soon as i get them in..should be soon..like within the next three weeks..if this thread gets deleted ill get another one up..and ill tell you how i did it all with detailed pics and what not..

Comment

For all of you that did this already..did you just use the Header Gasket with and RTV silicone grease..or just use the gaskets alone?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBroCore View Post
            For all of you that did this already..did you just use the Header Gasket with and RTV silicone grease..or just use the gaskets alone?
            I actually used the original ones at first but I eventually changed them. You should spend some extra money for some better ones.
            Leonard
            www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
            sigpic

Comment

I just used the gaskets, no grease or nothing.
              1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
              1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
              1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
              2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

I went with felpro metal gaskets with copper spray, and super hi temp rtv on the egr.

Comment

I'll be installing my CIA headers in the next week or so, do y'all recommend some gasket maker along with a gasket or just go with the gasket? I have the ones from Abbott Racing.

Comment

IMO, abbott racing header gaskets > all

i've yet to have a leak with mine and i've had my headers in for months.
                    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

no need for rtv on abbott gaskets.
                      might as well !egr while ur at it.

-Y87
                      Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X