• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacesetter Headers

Been looking at them..

Do they give much performance gain?
    Hard to put in?
    Work well with my magnaflow cat-back and high flow cat?
    Make the car sound different?

Re: Pacesetter Headers

well first, we need a bit about your ride. be specific---what year? any other mods? what size cat-back did you get (2.25/2.5/3.0"?) and goals/plans?

pacesetters are a great way to go to open up your exhaust from the stock manifolds (especially the 97 and under log style), and can easily be made to work with a pre-existing exhaust or can be paired with a new upgraded exhaust.

freeing up your intake with a cai/lid/filter and upgrading to headers and full exhaust is a great first step towards unleashing a bit of potential, and you can expect small decent gains and better sound/less rasp, but it all depends on your supporting mods.

our headers aren't hard to put in, no, but they can be a bit of a pain at times. i worked with my mechanic and did my entire passenger side and y-pipe while he did the drivers side and met me. not hard work, and teaches you a lot about how things interact and work together. get your hands dirty any chance you get.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

the headers will make the make the car sound alot deeper, make it easier to change plugs since it gives like an inch or two more of space between the intake/plug coils and windshield cowl area(i think its called).

A shop quoted me for about 200 bucks for installation; its much harder to remove the manifolds than putting the headers in. I ended up doing the installation with a friend thou.

If you have some more money don't forget to get stage 8 locking bolts, they hold up alot better then the ones that come with the headers. You should still check them though, and gaskets from Abbot Racing Heads; much better quality than the paper ones from Pacesetter I believe.

Just some of my experience I read up about them as well before I went and bought the headers.

Gl with your set up.
      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
      1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
      2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Baller - -I have a 96 Firebird. with he 3.8L engine..The exhaust is 2.5", i have a high flow cat from magnaflow, i also have the SLP CAI.

As for the goals for my car..Not much more with the engine, maybe tune it. Next i want to go with the looks of the car..getting looking good lol

Comment

definitely look into pacesetters then and get rid of those restrictive manifolds, you'll see some decent gains and better sound like truekoa said.

i'd recommend looking into mild to full bolt-ons and mix in some suspension and looks. i went for the all around look too until i get my funds together for serious power.

get us pics!
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the help!!!

Ill get pictures up in a few weeks..im going to be getting a 25th anniversary stripe on my car..its gonna be sweet..saving for the headers as we speak lol..i'd say like 3 weeks and they will be on..but ill get pics up asap!

Comment

sounds good, get us some before 'n after pics of the exhaust and stripes.

sigpic

Comment

Me and a friend did the whole install (two pairs of hands is good), with Stage 8 locking header bolts and Abbot racing Gaskets.

It wasn't fun, but do-able. Definitely a difference.

Plus it's nice to tell other people you work on your own car.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed98Camaro View Post
                  Me and a friend did the whole install (two pairs of hands is good), with Stage 8 locking header bolts and Abbot racing Gaskets.

It wasn't fun, but do-able. Definitely a difference.

Plus it's nice to tell other people you work on your own car.

i found the Stage 8 bolts you mentioned..but do you have a link to the header gaskets?

also is this the stage 8 bolts you bought? part #:6912 (12) 5/16-18x7/8" bolts 6pt DH
                  Last edited by ChrisBroCore; 07-14-2009, 01:27 AM.

Comment

definitely make sure you get the stage 8's and the abbott gaskets, i did and have had no problems with leaks whatsoever.

go to abbottracingheads.com and search under the gm 3800 v6

sigpic

Comment

I actually have PaceSetters; and I love them. They are cost effecient. Works well with any muffler setup. You will notice a performance gain.

Check out my album. I have a pic of my PaceSetters.

http://forum.camarov6.com/album.php?albumid=11
                      Leonard
                      www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                      sigpic

Comment

ive been reading up on these..there are different coatings you can get on them

i found these

http://www.lmpracing.com/36515/13.html

Is the ARMOR coat any good?.

:banana:
                        Last edited by ChrisBroCore; 07-14-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I have a pacesetter and magnaflow set up. Has a deep rumble and of course that performance difference I feel.

I have ceramic coated on my ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBroCore View Post
                            ive been reading up on these..there are different coatings you can get on them

i found these

http://www.lmpracing.com/36515/13.html

Is the ARMOR coat and good?.

:banana:
                            go with the armor coated ones. some ppl say that painted ones hold up fine but if you have a little extra cash go for the armor coated ones.

it doesnt hurt, and you can always use any extra protection available.

just do it once and do it right.
                            Last edited by truekoa; 07-14-2009, 03:50 PM.
                            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                            1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                            2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                              definitely make sure you get the stage 8's and the abbott gaskets, i did and have had no problems with leaks whatsoever.

go to abbottracingheads.com and search under the gm 3800 v6
                              sounds good..i contacted Abbot Racing and its 35 bucks shipped..gonna go for them..everyone seems to like them! and i def will get the stage 8 bolts..

thanks!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X