Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 98 intake

Originally posted by RS_Cammy View Post
    Yea, yours (Fbodyrs96) was the kit with the K&N for 80 right? he got his for 45 it seems. They sent yours with the filter included. He was using his on a 98....it's a different setup 98-02. Looks like yours is a 95-97 judging by your user name it's a 96. He completely re routed his intake. Looks like that rubber coupling was a fight to get on the TB for him.

Fbodyrs96- how do you like that intake you have on yours? Looks real clean btw nice job installing it. I was considering that one over the K&N, SLP seeing I don't plan on really doing much more for the engine than intake, headers, deleted the cat and have a half @$$ exhaust on now. Let me know if it seemed it helped out at all, and/or sounds different thanks.

My thoughts on taking a 98-02 box and removing it from the scene seems a bit much. I'd imagine your airflow is better than the ones 95-97 have to use. Shaving down the fins and adding the SLP intake would provide just as much gain//air as the custom fit. Was the concern heat issues? I could imagine that possibly, but then again I never imagined that being a problem as modifying my car is a personal fun thing for me not so much competition at a track. So I could understand the concern.

Anyways, good stuff, fbodyrs96 get back to me if you can via pm or whatnot. my email is victor.ruikis@us.army.mil if you wanna send info/review that way. I'm sitting out in Iraq right now and wouldn't mind reading your thoughts.

-Vic
    sent u a pm regarding the same intake lol
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X