MAF screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF screen

ok this site says somewere that its not such a good idea to take out the MAF screen. well i did it on my 01 an it was fine i did disconect the battery be for start up though. but i was wondering if any body had any personal experiance, some one with more smarts than myself if this is something i should do agen as i had to replace that 3800 because it was on the fritz as im trying to squeez as much power as i can be for mods or whatever

Re: MAF screen

it's fine to do on a straight body tb....which you have
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Haha thanks :D

Comment

Some people say do it, some people say don't.

I tried it both ways and honestly couldnt feel a differance, and it didnt affect anything (no check engine light or weird issues)
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

On my 96' angled TB , it is better to leave it in.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            On my 96' angled TB , it is better to leave it in.
            what's the difference? I have a 98 angled TB and I took mine out and have no issues

Comment

I've had idling problems and watching the scanner the maf readings were all over the place. Put the screen back on and it ran alot better. Esp. when the turbo goes on I want the screen to flow through the maf correctly , so I have accurate maf readings.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I broke mine on my 97 3.8 a few years ago..been running it without it since and no problems. Idles fine and all that.

Comment

Just lucky I guess, have you ever scanned it to see if there is a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    Just lucky I guess, have you ever scanned it to see if there is a difference?
                    On my LT1 V8 I noticed more airflow on a PP descreened MAF using freescan.

Backed it up with 2 tenths at the strip 13.6 stock MAF,13.4 PP descreened.

I made 2 runs with the stocker and 4 runs with the modded MAF and it ran stronger every pass.

Comment

No I've never scanned it before. I didnt really notice any difference.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X