putting straight pipe in place of the cat - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

putting straight pipe in place of the cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: putting straight pipe in place of the cat

Invest in a metabo wheel, a crappy welder as I have, a grinder.. and you'll be set. If you do as good as you can with the ****ty welder, you'll only have to do a little bit of grinding and it turns out.. ok at best. BUT the point is, it gets the job done. And it's always awesome to have a welder on hand. Always.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
      so nobody knows how long the pipe needs to be?
      16"...at least that's the length of the magnaflow high flow cat that most people replace their stock ones with

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
        16"...at least that's the length of the magnaflow high flow cat that most people replace their stock ones with
        thankyou

Comment

ole smoke...full of glorious info...
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
            Since it's welded on I don't imagine there's really a set length. Get under there and measure it. I'm sure you can handle that much.
            yup, thats just what i was about to say.
            3M MAFIA
            ________
            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
            sigpic

Comment

Your rattle is most likely a busted up cat - mine was anyway. Does it sound like it's coming from the front pass. side? And if you have the sport/graphics package, I know it's a pain to get under there w/out a jack. 16" - 18" sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by dafirebird View Post
                Your rattle is most likely a busted up cat - mine was anyway. Does it sound like it's coming from the front pass. side? And if you have the sport/graphics package, I know it's a pain to get under there w/out a jack. 16" - 18" sounds about right.
                cant really tell where it is coming from to be honest.. all i know is that it is so annoying i shift at really low rpms and bog my car down so i dont have to hear it

Comment

just hit it with hand a bit, if it rattles when you do that then its the cat thats bad

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X