x pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: x pipe

search through some of the exhaust threads and read up on the disputes for yourself, you'll find some pretty interesting points.

however, IIRC i did read a thread quite a while back specifically on this issue and it included dyno numbers comparing pacesetter mid headers vs. longtube setups...and after much bickering it showed there was a very small margin of performance between the two. but supporting mods will always factor in, respectively.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

so maybe ill just go the traditional route, i can pick up pacesetter headers with the y pipe for a good price

so then is there a diferece in a high flow y and the y that comes with the pacesetters?
      3M MAFIA
      ________
      | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
      Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
      sigpic

Comment

the y-pipe with the pacesetters is 3" and bolts up just as the stock piping, then connects to a cat and proceeds to the rest of the exhaust.

for all intensive purposes, you can consider it "high flow" as it is mandrel bent and you can choose to have it and the headers ceramic armor coated.

be aware of which system you choose to complete your exhaust, some may not come with a s-pipe to connect after the cat to the intermediate pipe, so shop carefully. (my borla exhaust didn't and i had to get a custom pipe made)
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-70-1209/ - pacesetters

but you'll want some better gaskets (such as abbott racing) than the ones that come with the headers
          Last edited by bigairboarder44; 06-16-2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X