x pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x pipe

im going to be ordering headers and other exhaust stuff soon and was wondering if an x pipe would fit? i heard the indercarage was a little differnt on the v6s from the v8s?
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: x pipe

You want to run true duals? IMO not worth doing. Unless your doing it yourself...I think you'll ahve trouble finding a shop that will want to do that setup.

Comment

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
      im going to be ordering headers and other exhaust stuff soon and was wondering if an x pipe would fit? i heard the indercarage was a little differnt on the v6s from the v8s?
      What's a better way than getting under there and checking it out for yourself?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=196

just order that setup...let me know how it goes...thinking about doing it myself...don't listen to these clowns...they may be right about performance, but no one can predict sound, with other supporting mods, I'm sure this setup will sound very nice, if it's what you want then do it...

Comment

^a good shop (that is willing to try it) should be able to rig tht up

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
            http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=196

just order that setup...let me know how it goes...thinking about doing it myself...don't listen to these clowns...they may be right about performance, but no one can predict sound, with other supporting mods, I'm sure this setup will sound very nice, if it's what you want then do it...
            Hey there mister ungrateful. If you're such an authority on things why do you need to even visit this forum. Or any forum? Why do you feel the need to come here and instantly start to insult other members? Cool it.

He says no one can predict sound but he's sure this setup will sound very nice. Right...

2.5in single y pipe is enough for standard perf mods. 3in single Y pipe is what higher performance 3.8l use and is sufficient. To have a good sound, get a new cam and decent muffler. An X-pipe is different than the norm on here, but if it's just for performance I wouldn't suggest going that route since it would be expensive. If you're doing it for sound, then by all means go that route. Meatyshells could tell you what true duals sound like. But with any exhaust setup I'm willing to bet my car that you're going to need a cam to have it sound what most aim for.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
              Hey there mister ungrateful. If you're such an authority on things why do you need to even visit this forum. Or any forum? Why do you feel the need to come here and instantly start to insult other members? Cool it.

He says no one can predict sound but he's sure this setup will sound very nice. Right...

2.5in single y pipe is enough for standard perf mods. 3in single Y pipe is what higher performance 3.8l use and is sufficient. To have a good sound, get a new cam and decent muffler. An X-pipe is different than the norm on here, but if it's just for performance I wouldn't suggest going that route since it would be expensive. If you're doing it for sound, then by all means go that route. Meatyshells could tell you what true duals sound like. But with any exhaust setup I'm willing to bet my car that you're going to need a cam to have it sound what most aim for.
              dude, if you took "clown" as a insult, maybe you are the one that needs to cool it...I meant no offense in saying "clown"...all I was stating is that you guys are going to be all over the place with advice on this mod...as you were when I mentioned it...my point to that "post" until blizzard decided again to get in my grill was "if he wants to do it, then do it"...

also if your going to warn me again, atleast let me know instead of having a "mod" send me a "warning" message...sheesh...

Comment

mine sounded better than what a 3 in. y sounded like. stock motor with longtubes and x pipe dumped before rear axle.

and by the way DO NOT get that one from texas speed. 3 inch true dual is way too big for 3.8s. i wouldnt go more than 2.5 inch piping.

and how can everyone tell someone what an x pipe/h pipe, true dual exhaust will do/sound like on the car when there are only a handful of people who have done it. ive noticed the people that havent done it say no and argue it...but the few that have say do it..(if you can). there are universal kits out there to buy for cheap. learn how to weld or find a friend and make a project out of it...if not find a speed shop and they will be more than happy to figure something out..(why would they not want money) no..not your joe schmoe exhaust shop. take it somewhere that builds race cars/fabricates/ect..

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
                  dude, if you took "clown" as a insult, maybe you are the one that needs to cool it...I meant no offense in saying "clown"...all I was stating is that you guys are going to be all over the place with advice on this mod...as you were when I mentioned it...my point to that "post" until blizzard decided again to get in my grill was "if he wants to do it, then do it"...

also if your going to warn me again, atleast let me know instead of having a "mod" send me a "warning" message...sheesh...
                  You are belittling the other members of this board with nearly all of your posts. I'm frankly sick of it. You sir, need to get over your insecurities. Fire your shrink. If you don't have one. Get one. Smoke Panther is a huge **** persay, but he is extremely tolerable if you were to set the bar.
                  Originally posted by 02pewtersix View Post
                  mine sounded better than what a 3 in. y sounded like. stock motor with longtubes and x pipe dumped before rear axle.

and by the way DO NOT get that one from texas speed. 3 inch true dual is way too big for 3.8s. i wouldnt go more than 2.5 inch piping.

and how can everyone tell someone what an x pipe/h pipe, true dual exhaust will do/sound like on the car when there are only a handful of people who have done it. ive noticed the people that havent done it say no and argue it...but the few that have say do it..(if you can). there are universal kits out there to buy for cheap. learn how to weld or find a friend and make a project out of it...if not find a speed shop and they will be more than happy to figure something out..(why would they not want money) no..not your joe schmoe exhaust shop. take it somewhere that builds race cars/fabricates/ect..
                  I've not necessarily read all the posts about exhausts systems and such on this forum, but from what I understand most people would have true duals if they could. And typically the members that can afford to mod an N/A exhaust to that extent don't stay N/A. Which in the turbo route results in the inability to even have true duals. Unless a twin setup is implemented. Otherwise, I'm all for true duals yet I don't have them. Not on my N/A or my F/I.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

wtf no I'm not...you are just taking it way to personal...get a life man...

Comment

Just man up for ****s sakes. G'night.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
                        Are you set on going with the true dual setup? or is it just a notion? what are your goals for the car?

I think the point that's trying to be made is that td's are quite an investment and take some extra know-how and fabbing to make the best of of them. If your car is basically stock, duals are going to most likely be very raspy and not help much for performance, but i have personally seen/heard dual setups that were amazing---but took much much work.

If you don't plan to work in a decent cam, supporting valvetrain, and possible head work, i wouldn't go duals, but that's just my word, not the gospel. I just put in headers with a full 3" exhaust, borla catback, and a 3" e-cutout and i couldn't be happier with it---i get asked on a daily basis if it's a ls1.

let us know what you plan to do to the car and we'll help u figure out what might be the best plan.
                        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

[QUOTE=BallerMaro13;924483]If your car is basically stock, duals are going to most likely be very raspy and not help much for performance, but i have personally seen/heard dual setups that were amazing---but took much much work.

QUOTE]

my motor is stock. duals got rid of the rasp...h and x balances the sound and takes the rasp out of it...and it seemed to help out my performance throughout bottom to top end.

running 13.60 with a stock motor i figured could be enough to back up that an x pipe exhaust with it properly tuned with lid and headers can make power. ive done it. i could only imagine what it would do if i did have an aftermarket cam or heads.

Comment

typically headers are what's helping reduce rasp, but if you have good results then more power to you.

in my understanding, h-pipes are a better solution to equalized flow and minimizing rasp, but the OP was inquiring about x-pipes and an unknown pipe diameter.

13.6 quarter huh? good work. however, what are your other mods? i see you have rear end and suspension work done along with a gutted interior which is beefing up that time (or trimming it down really) but that has nothing to do with just raw power from true duals. were you spraying as well?
                            Last edited by BallerMaro13; 06-16-2009, 12:33 PM.
                            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by 02pewtersix View Post

my motor is stock. duals got rid of the rasp...h and x balances the sound and takes the rasp out of it...and it seemed to help out my performance throughout bottom to top end.

running 13.60 with a stock motor i figured could be enough to back up that an x pipe exhaust with it properly tuned with lid and headers can make power. ive done it. i could only imagine what it would do if i did have an aftermarket cam or heads.
                              whoa...mid 13's on nothing but a lid, headers, true duals and a tune? nice...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X