Can i swap these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i swap these

well long story short i needed to replace my '99 engine so i found a 98 engine, both are 3.8L. Anyways will my intake and throttle body spacer fit on the '98 engine i'm getting?

Re: Can i swap these

No different setup, 98' angled TB throttle cable wire, 99 straight upper intake TB uses elecric sensors for the TB. You can swap the upper/lower intakes from your 99' to the 98 engine and you'll be fine and still use you 99' TB spacer. I think the tensioner assembly setup is different also so you'll need that off your 99' too, not sure but I think they are diffferent. I'm sure someone will post up all the differences. But you be able to use the block and heads so you'll be fine.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well if anything as long as my intake can go on there... throttle body spacer wasnt that much but the intake ... damn man thats some serious cash i could use

Comment

You can swap it just need to use your upper/lower intakes, TB , from your 99'. So you can still use your TB spacer and intake from your 99', so your fine.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          You can swap it just need to use your upper/lower intakes, TB , from your 99'. So you can still use your TB spacer and intake from your 99', so your fine.
          is that hard to do and how long u think that might take for a shop to do?

Comment

Originally posted by bobc04 View Post
            is that hard to do and how long u think that might take for a shop to do?
            15? minutes if the engine is out of the car

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X