JEGS Cat Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEGS Cat Back

Hey guys, I'm looking at the F-Body Cat Back from JEGS.com.

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/760947/10002/-1

It's only 245 bucks with 11 dollars shipping.

Has anyone used this/heard of it. I'm trying to decide whether or not it would sound good on my 3.4.

Re: JEGS Cat Back

Better make sure it will fit. I'm not sure what the differences between the exhaust sizes and whatever else there is from a v6 to a v8.

But to answer your question.. I've never heard of anyone using those. Could be because of sizing issues. But I imagine any capable welder with reducers or other fittings could make it work.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

eh i would avoid it.. you get what you pay for and i am gonna bet that muffler is cheap as ****..

and the tips are ugly lol
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4
      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Sad but true.. You only get what you pay for.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i have a magnflow 3" in/out cat 3" pipe and a dynomax muffler i bought everything brand new and only have 220 bucks in the whole system and i would bet my *** its 100 times better than the jegs set up
          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
          1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Im pretty sure that jegs setup will rot out....in about a year or two of DDing.

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
            i have a magnflow 3" in/out cat 3" pipe and a dynomax muffler i bought everything brand new and only have 220 bucks in the whole system and i would bet my *** its 100 times better than the jegs set up
            I would go this route if your funds are tight.

Comment

and the tips are ugly lol

I kinda like the fact that it doesnt come with tips. that way i get to pick my own :)

but idk its aluminum so it wont rot. JEGS has never really let me down. Maybe i should buy it just so I could test it out for everyones sake. Who knows it could be a diamond in the rough. A very very inexpensive diamond.

The muffler is a turbo muffler. which leads me to believe its similar to dynomax

Comment

The turbo muffler is decent.....ive heard the dyno super turbo its a little ricey.

btw stainless steal is the way to go

Comment

The piping is standard aluminized steel and the muffler is a standard size 3'' in 3'' out, I'd give it a go for that price and if you're unhappy just swap the muffler out for a nicer 3''in 3'' out magnaflow or borla.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                    The turbo muffler is decent.....ive heard the dyno super turbo its a little ricey.

btw stainless steal is the way to go
                    i have the dynomax super turbo no rasp at all not even high rpms.. the flowmaster i had for 30 miles was the worst muffler in the ****ing world
                    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                    1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

I put on my Dynomax Super turbo 3" muffler with a 3" turndown about a month ago and there is no rasp up to 6000 rpms, almost like the Summit turbo but sounds deeper since it is a true 3" inside mufffler instead of the Summit 2.5" inside. I like the Dynomax so far, little louder than the Summit turbo and moves more exhaust flow as I have noticed a little more pull in the upper RPMS. Plus NO rasp it is a great muffler , I left mine all stainless in the rear along with the turn down that goes right behind my drivers rear tire , but doesn't stick out. I thought it would look better hidden. I think VR4Gasm was the one that convinced me to get the Dynomax and I thank him for it. Well done V. My mufflers in the past in order from this one have been Summit turbo 3"ex. RK headers, flowmaster 40 3"ex.,headers , flowmaster 80 W/24" resonator quad tips,3" ex. RK headers, RKsport dynomax muffler on stock exhaust quad tips,no headers. The 3" Dynomax muffler,3"ex. RK headers has been the best so far, also these are with the VS cam 206/216 115LS,with idle turned up to 850-900 rpms, so no SES lights come on. Actually thinking about it some people think that the loudness of their muffler and the rasp coming through is a good sound and they like it so maybe everyone doesn't here the same, so to each their own. You can only try and suggest stuff to people and if they don't want to listen , I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 02-25-2009, 05:11 AM.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i <3 my dynomax sometimes i wanna make sweet love to it.. but its too hot lol
                        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                        1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

i have the dynomax super turbo no rasp at all not even high rpms.. the flowmaster i had for 30 miles was the worst muffler in the ****ing world
                          didnt say it rasped....said it sounded ricey...yours might sound great....I heard just the muiffler replaced no other work and it didnt have a deep sound at all.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                            didnt say it rasped....said it sounded ricey...yours might sound great....I heard just the muiffler replaced no other work and it didnt have a deep sound at all.

yah well when people tend to cheap out they deserve the ricer sound they get lol
                            2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                            1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

How much did you guys pay for your dynomax mufflers? I'm sorta in the market.. or at least looking around to finish this exhaust.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X