Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newly installed headers leak

Originally posted by loser View Post
    personally, i dont care that my egr is off. its been done before and myself and others have had no isssues with it.
    i agree with that. i had mine tuned when i took it off, welded the header part closed and put a block off on the intake. Car has been fine. no knock recorded either.
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Wow, so much info I don't know where to start. What does the EGR tube cost if I were to replace it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
        i agree with that. i had mine tuned when i took it off, welded the header part closed and put a block off on the intake. Car has been fine. no knock recorded either.
        Guess you guys just don't read the entire post. Having the EGR tuned out doesn't cause you to have knock retard.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy View Post
          Wow, so much info I don't know where to start. What does the EGR tube cost if I were to replace it?
          I got it from gmpartsdirect... or whatever its called. Wasn't too expensive iirc.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I'm thinking I may just remove it. I plan on getting a tune done when I put on my new rear end, which probably wont be until the spring. Would there be any repercussions id I blocked it off without the tune for that long or would I just get a SES light during that time?

Comment

I'm thinking I may just remove it. I plan on getting a tune done when I put on my new rear end, which probably wont be until the spring. Would there be any repercussions id I blocked it off without the tune for that long or would I just get a SES light during that time?
              i went a few weeks w/o it b4 a tune. just had a ses light
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

the SES light will be on, other than that no issues here on the stock tune. its no big deal.

my egr tube was too hacked to get it to seal, and i didnt really feel like buying a new one, my ses light is on for my exuast ( cat ) so that didnt matter.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I made a mistake getting that tube from the dealer. They do not sell you the tube itself, you need to buy the whole EGR support and the tube attached to it. It cost me 75.00 plus tax + the great effort to start bending that damn tube to fit into the header outlet. I broke it :mad: After that I discovered something: The header outlet has some little welded chips made of the same material where the tube goes. I touched with my finger and it feels not even and flat like the rest of the inner outlet. After tighten the tube to the outlet, and removing it again those small metal chirps deformed a little the edge of the tube. So those spaces made by the chips cause the leak, I think. I don't know guys if you checked that before of welding or fixing that outlet. I am figuraring what to do, I am still having that leak.
                  Last edited by borispeed; 12-23-2008, 08:45 PM.
                  Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

My EGR isn't blocked off...I too broke by metal tube for my install. What I ended up doing was attaching a 3/8" hose to the remaining tube (with a clamp) and routing the hose to the lid where I made a hole to accommodate the hose.

EGR still works, it's filtered air, the headers are blocked off...whether this is harmful, IDK, but I've ran it for three years with no issues, no ses, still get 27mpg hwy with 3.73s (A4)...though I do run 93.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X