Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aftermarket BBK 56mm Throttle Body

Originally posted by FireEagle22 View Post
    Yeah I misunderstood the sentence. Mr. Logger already enlightened me on the previous page. But to answer your question on why I would want to port my throttle body or get a bigger one. Its not because of necessity I would just like to replace all the stock parts on my engine eventually not only to see HP gains but to basically make it as if I have a new engine. New parts and all. I also know that by un-restricting the car I can get a better a tune to optimize all the new and better flowing parts. Thanks for all your replies.

Erik
    Gotcha, add a TB spacer too.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
        we'll know as soon as i get my dyno tune.. i am gonna run it with stock tb and a stage 2 port zzp and see how it turns out... @ 6psi i am not expecting anything insane but i am willing to bet my supercharger it adds a few more horses..
        Im pretty sure zzp's TBs are only for FWD cars. The fwd cars ARE cable driven while are's are DBW. Also they mount different to our intakes.
        Last edited by Meatyshells; 10-19-2008, 12:42 AM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
          Im pretty sure zzp's TBs are only for FWD cars. The fwd cars ARE cable driven while are's are DBW. Also they mount different to our intakes.
          they are but it is the same style port and polish maf hump removed and what not..
          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
          1991 3000GT VR4
          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

if youre trying to replace every part of your motor to make it like yours is new, doing anything to the throttle body should be last on your list of things to do.

Comment

What makes you come to that conclusion fadetoblack121?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X