Aftermarket BBK 56mm Throttle Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket BBK 56mm Throttle Body

Hello everyone. This post is regarding the after-market BBK 56mm Throttle Body sold over at SuperSixMotorsports.com According to them they sell one for the 3.8 Mustangs, Thunderbirds, Grand Prixs and of course the GM3800 Series two Camaro and Firebirds. My question is has anybody purchased this BBK 56mm Throttle Body for their cars and if yes was the install difficult? Did it require modification and lastly did you have to get your car tuned in order for it to work properly without throwing any codes.? Any help is appreciated.

Erik

Re: Aftermarket BBK 56mm Throttle Body

bbk does not make a throttle body for our cars

Comment

wouldn't 56mm be smaller than stock?!
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4
      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Yes it is.
        '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
        '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
        '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

Well I just got a reply from SuperSixMotorsports.com and according to them they do have a BBK Throttle body that is made for the GM3800 Series Two Engines but according to him they are just for 94-98 cars. Just see for yourself. Here is my E-mail to him and his reply.

----- Original Message -----
          To: tyentzer@bellsouth.net
          Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:26 PM
          Subject: Thinking of purchasing a BBK 56mm Throttle Body for a 2000 3.8 5sp Firebird

Hello like my subject reads this E-mail is regarding the BBK 56mm Throttle Body for a 2000 3.8 5sp Firebird. My question is is this throttle body a direct bolt on? Does it require modification to bolt on? And lastly when installed do you need specific tuning to make it function without throwing any codes? Any help is greatly appreciated and I hope to hear from you son. Thank you and goodbye.

Erik

P.S. I've gone through your website a couple times and you sell great products for v6 American Automobiles. My advice to you is to create an account which is 100% free over at www.firebirdv6.com or www.camarov6.com (two different addresses same website). It surprises me to see how many people don't know about your website and your products such as ported upper and lower intake manifolds and bigger throttle bodys. There is a couple of small companies that do their advertising there for the products they make for V6 Camaros and Firebirds and its really a direct way to sell products to a specific group of car enthusiast.

Erik,
          Thanks. The 56mm TB is for the 94-98 cars only. Appreciate the heads up on those other sites, we used to do alot over there with the guys who years ago were the 1st ones in the GM3800 performance coomunity, but the V6 Mustang market is so much bigger and more aggressive, we've just naturally leaned that way.

Tom Yentzer
          www.supersixmotorsports.com
          478-256-7766
          e
          Can you guys believe that this guy thinks the V6 Mustangs are more aggressive than our GM 3800's. Thats why our cars runs 15.4 stock and their Mustangs run 16.1. But yeah I wasn't sure about the size of the throttle body size in millimeters on 98-02 cars but if 56mm is smaller than stock than its definitely not an upgrade.

Comment

Well since they don't make bigger throttle bodies for 98-02 3800 Series 2 cars. Does anyone know any companies that do make them? Oh yeah and I also read that a couple people ported their Throttle Bodies. Was this challenging at all? Did it throw codes? Notice a decent gain in power or perhaps a more induction sound being produced. Thanks again guys! GM3800's for life!

Comment

They don't make an aftermarket throttle body designed for the 3.8. And that guy wasn't saying the Mustang is more aggressive. He was saying that more people have them, and therefore there is a bigger demand for aftermarket goodies.
              '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
              '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
              '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

Yeah your right I misunderstood the sentence. So I take it not many people have ported their throttle bodies on their own?

Comment

why do you need to port your TB?

Comment

The TBs on our cars are already pretty big, unless your doing extensive mods I wouldnt really worry about it.

Comment

unless you have some kind of FI its not needed..
                      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                      1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
                        unless you have some kind of FI its not needed..
                        even then it is not needed unless you are pushing some major psi
                        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

we'll know as soon as i get my dyno tune.. i am gonna run it with stock tb and a stage 2 port zzp and see how it turns out... @ 6psi i am not expecting anything insane but i am willing to bet my supercharger it adds a few more horses..
                          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                          1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Originally posted by FireEagle22 View Post

Tom Yentzer
                            www.supersixmotorsports.com
                            478-256-7766
                            e
                            Can you guys believe that this guy thinks the V6 Mustangs are more aggressive than our GM 3800's. Thats why our cars runs 15.4 stock and their Mustangs run 16.1. But yeah I wasn't sure about the size of the throttle body size in millimeters on 98-02 cars but if 56mm is smaller than stock than its definitely not an upgrade.
                            Tom actually owns a 10 sec. V6 Mustang. His dad who's name I forgot owns a V6 Firebird. WHat he meant by aggressive is that the market for V6 Stang is greater. People mostly usually go the LS1 route instead of modding their V6.

From what I know a few people here have port and polish their TB and experienced no gain.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Yeah I misunderstood the sentence. Mr. Logger already enlightened me on the previous page. But to answer your question on why I would want to port my throttle body or get a bigger one. Its not because of necessity I would just like to replace all the stock parts on my engine eventually not only to see HP gains but to basically make it as if I have a new engine. New parts and all. I also know that by un-restricting the car I can get a better a tune to optimize all the new and better flowing parts. Thanks for all your replies.

Erik

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X