catback install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: catback install

so dont jack from the differential............

Comment

Originally posted by kylerobison View Post
      so dont jack from the differential............
      I'm not sure about lifting it at the differential, but there are jack points mentioned in the owner's manual. Look it up if you have one. Safer and no guessing involved.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I've jacked from the differential everytime I've need to lift the rear, and it's fine. And to put it mildly, I've had this car completely in the air roughly 20 different times. The differential is fine, you can do this yourself very easily, it's just a matter of routing pipes..no bending, just route, slip fit, bolt the clamps and go
        Y87 Package
        MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
        BONE APPROVED!
        VANBIBBER APPROVED!
        KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
        Team Black...TEAM EMO
        sigpic
        Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

UGH I WANT MY EXHAUST NOW. i wann aget this **** going, its my first mod due to the fact i havent even had the car for a month yet lol. i cant deal with stock exhuast, my last car had full exhaust with no cat and flowmaster muff and sounded awesome.

Comment

just a suggestion for you when you start putting it on. wear a pair of gloves, expecially when takeing the old system off. i never wore gloves and put a cat-back on my car last summer. i had to cut the old system up to get it out using a sawzall. i went to cut the old muffler off (had an extra jack-stand supporting the muffler) i didnt have glove on and i was being very carefull about not cutting myself with the sawzall. i cut through the pipe, set the saw down and put my hand down on the ground to crawl out from under the car, and the old muffler fell off it support and landed on my hand. the freshly cut pipe end hit me first. at first it felt like my hand just got smashed and it wasnt bad until i looked at the back of my hand where it hit, there was a 3 inch long gouge with the skin tucked under the rest of my hand. i looked down to see the tendons in my hand and some other parts you should not be able to see. now i always use gloves when work with the exhaust. you can be as carefull as you can but sometimes odd stuff happens, so i would reccomend you be prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by HossV6 View Post
              just a suggestion for you when you start putting it on. wear a pair of gloves, expecially when takeing the old system off. i never wore gloves and put a cat-back on my car last summer. i had to cut the old system up to get it out using a sawzall. i went to cut the old muffler off (had an extra jack-stand supporting the muffler) i didnt have glove on and i was being very carefull about not cutting myself with the sawzall. i cut through the pipe, set the saw down and put my hand down on the ground to crawl out from under the car, and the old muffler fell off it support and landed on my hand. the freshly cut pipe end hit me first. at first it felt like my hand just got smashed and it wasnt bad until i looked at the back of my hand where it hit, there was a 3 inch long gouge with the skin tucked under the rest of my hand. i looked down to see the tendons in my hand and some other parts you should not be able to see. now i always use gloves when work with the exhaust. you can be as carefull as you can but sometimes odd stuff happens, so i would reccomend you be prepared.

Yeah, there's alot of sharp parts back there. I just put my Flowmaster back on and scraped up my hand. Just be careful, wear a pair of leather handling gloves
              Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
              BONE APPROVED!
              VANBIBBER APPROVED!
              KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
              Team Black...TEAM EMO
              sigpic

Comment

hardest part for me was getting enough clearance to get the pipe over he axel, other wise its really simple
                Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00 View Post
                  hardest part for me was getting enough clearance to get the pipe over he axel, other wise its really simple
                  Amen.
                  Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
                  BONE APPROVED!
                  VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                  KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                  Team Black...TEAM EMO
                  sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X