Cat replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cat replacement

Um, why do you need a CA cat if you live in NY??? How many miles did your car have?
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

i wanted to chime in and gloat that michigan has no vehicle inspection or emissions testing :)

you only need to meet the standards for the state your car is registered in (the state your drivers license is issued from,the state you live in)
      Last edited by sedain; 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sedain
        i wanted to chime in and gloat that michigan has no vehicle inspection or emissions testing :)

you only need to meet the standards for the state your car is registered in (the state your drivers license is issued from,the state you live in)

You need to meet standards of where your car is registered. Not your license, for example your in military and have ohop license but live in NY. You may have diffrent plates to license as I did when I was in military. All in all you need to meet requirements of where your plates are from.
        Originally posted by kala
        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRider
          Um, why do you need a CA cat if you live in NY??? How many miles did your car have?
          Because NY follows CA's emission rules. And the car has only 65K miles.

Comment

So how about you pick up a cat from the wanted section. Some people literally give their cats away even if they are in perfect working order. Find a lower mileage one, have it shipped to you, and have someone weld it in.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

You can pick up a universal California Magnaflow cat for about $200, still expensive but not near the $600 then pay someone to weld it on. The model that is direct fit is closer to $600. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy

That sucks. How much power loss were you experiencing?
                2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRider View Post
                  That sucks. How much power loss were you experiencing?
                  I could rev up to 6000RPM in 1st gear and be at 25mph. Now thats pretty bad IMO.

I just decided to bite the bullet and pay for the cat. I don't have the time or resources to get a universal cat and weld it in. It cost me a lot, but it should keep my car running well for a good long while.

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy View Post
                    I could rev up to 6000RPM in 1st gear and be at 25mph. Now thats pretty bad IMO.

I just decided to bite the bullet and pay for the cat. I don't have the time or resources to get a universal cat and weld it in. It cost me a lot, but it should keep my car running well for a good long while.

Yea thats true, let me know how much better your car runs once you get the new cat on.
                    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Yea, I don't have the time or resources to save $400 either...:wavey:
                      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti View Post
                        Yea, I don't have the time or resources to save $400 either...:wavey:
                        lol, I agree, you had enough time to ask people alot of questions where you got answers on what to put on there, which you could buy directly offline, and have it installed. that 400 could o gone to other mods for your car, like rims, or a cam.

Comment

If your car has less than 80K miles then the dealer has to replace it free of charge. Its the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            If your car has less than 80K miles then the dealer has to replace it free of charge. Its the law.

And within 8 years. The warranty is void when the first one passes, mileage or years.

Per the info on his profile he drives a 97 camaro and will not be eligible for this warranty.

I had the cat replaced on my Aztek free of charge last spring and made the cut off by less than 2k miles. They gave me no hassle about doing it free either.
                            Originally posted by kala
                            I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                            parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout View Post
                              And within 8 years. The warranty is void when the first one passes, mileage or years.

Per the info on his profile he drives a 97 camaro and will not be eligible for this warranty.

I had the cat replaced on my Aztek free of charge last spring and made the cut off by less than 2k miles. They gave me no hassle about doing it free either.

Aw man, you got my hopes up for nothing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X