Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exaust Help

Originally posted by bigbrian442
    Your Dad might not want you waking him up every time you pull up late in the driveway!

Brian
    Ha well i decided to go with a sound system instead ha 1200watt kicker subs...Boston acustic speakers and pansonic deck ha im happy with it so hell be able to hear me from a while away might buy exhaust later but low on money nowim happy tho

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
      i'm always hearing stuff about parents. if anyone is 18+ you shouldn't be living with your parents. then you won't have to worry about it.
      easier said than done when you pay your college, car note, insurance, food, gas, phone, and $100 rent each month
      Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Originally posted by v6mOtOrhEAdftOp
        easier said than done when you pay your college, car note, insurance, food, gas, phone, and $100 rent each month
        sounds about right, but I pay $425 rent. i didn't say it was easy, you're an adult, that's life.

Comment

I don't mean to dredge up an old topic, but I'm also considering a Magnaflow dual setup. My cat is starting to rattle (it'll be the 2nd time I replace the stupid thing!) so I picked up a 2.5" high flow cat. Will the Magnaflow connect straight up to the new high flow cat? I'd hate to get it all pulled out of the car only to find I'll have to set it on blocks until I can order new parts.

And I don't live with my parents if that helps. :)
          2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon
            I don't mean to dredge up an old topic, but I'm also considering a Magnaflow dual setup. My cat is starting to rattle (it'll be the 2nd time I replace the stupid thing!) so I picked up a 2.5" high flow cat. Will the Magnaflow connect straight up to the new high flow cat? I'd hate to get it all pulled out of the car only to find I'll have to set it on blocks until I can order new parts.

And I don't live with my parents if that helps. :)
            depends on what size your S-pipe is. There are 2.5" and 3" magnaflow kits, so just spouting "magnaflow dual setup" doesn't really mean much

Comment

well i think the magnaflow is a nice choice, the biggest thing is who paid for the car and who pays the insurance , if you do so yourself theres not alot he can say since its YOUR car, but if you have to, do research on exhaust and show him how its good for your car....and if all else fails, cut off your muffler and just say it fell off
              1999 White Pontiac
              A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                depends on what size your S-pipe is. There are 2.5" and 3" magnaflow kits, so just spouting "magnaflow dual setup" doesn't really mean much
                I'm currently running a completely stock exhaust. I found a place that does custom work so I'm not opposed to having them fabricate the necessary S-pipe. But if I'm going to do that shouldn't I consider doing the headers at the same time? I'm sorta on the fence about headers since I've read several articles that say the stock headers on my 2000 Camaro flow nicely without the mod. Thoughts?

Comment

i wouldnt do it, the 3.8 headers net only like 7 hp as is right? now take into account your tubular manifolds i should think it would be even less.

costs a lot for headers plus install, what if they broke a bolt? it gets expensive i would leave it be u could do SO MUCH more modding with that money elswhere.

Comment

That was my thinking, as well. How well will my 2.5" high-flow cat and the Magnaflow (which states is "Built from 2.5" stainless steel tubing") connect to the stock manifold? Sounds like I should consider having a custom exhaust shop fabricate a new S-pipe from the manifold to the cat and be done with it.

Comment

whoa wait up a sec. if you are getting a high flow cat and a catback you should be ok. the cat will hook up to the y pipe and the catback will hook up to the cat. If you just getting a muffler than i would suggest getting an s pipe to fit you dont want a bottle neck. but i would suggest the catback.

Comment

But if I'm going to do that shouldn't I consider doing the headers at the same time? I'm sorta on the fence about headers since I've read several articles that say the stock headers on my 2000 Camaro flow nicely without the mod. Thoughts?
                        you can get away with having tubular manifolds if you're not serious about racing.

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                        i wouldnt do it, the 3.8 headers net only like 7 hp as is right? now take into account your tubular manifolds i should think it would be even less.
                        Mods work together. If you put headers on a completely stock car, yea you may see 7hp...but put headers on a car that has a full intake and exhaust, and you'll see much more gains

costs a lot for headers plus install, what if they broke a bolt?
                        Breaking bolts is not part of the procedure for installing headers. Thusly, it's on them to replace it, free to the car's owner.

That was my thinking, as well. How well will my 2.5" high-flow cat and the Magnaflow (which states is "Built from 2.5" stainless steel tubing") connect to the stock manifold?
                        It's nothing that an exhaust shop can't handle.
                        Sounds like I should consider having a custom exhaust shop fabricate a new S-pipe from the manifold to the cat and be done with it.
                        there is no s-pipe between the manifolds and cat.

Comment

So it's worth having the headers added to the car? I had originally planned on doing that but I've read differing articles that say the stock manifolds have enough flow on the 2000 Camaro. The kit I'm looking at is the Pacesetter Hi-Flo 2.5" Cat (which I already have) to replace my busted cat and the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust built from 2.5" stainless steel tubing (http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A2567048.aspx - for reference). I'm not opposed to going ahead with the headers if it'll mean a better sound and a slightly better horsepower. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comment

^it depends on what your plans for the car are. If you're going to be racing, putting it on a dyno, or doing internal work, then get headers....if you're just going to drive it back and forth to work/school/etc, then don't bother.

Comment

I'm not really sure at this point. I love the car and want to keep it around for awhile...or at least until the new Camaro comes out (plus one year...I never buy a first year model of a car so they can get the bugs worked out). It's in brand new condition so I don't mind dropping the money on it. I can't say for sure I wouldn't want to race it but it certainly needs to be able to hit the road for an 8 hour road trip to a ski resort from time to time.

Comment

^then just leave it alone

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X