• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Flowtech muffler!

nice.....:tup:

Comment

When I gutted my cat, it was only slightly louder and noticably deeper. I'm happy with it. I'll go record a crappy video of it sometime this week. No before and afters though :/

TEAM C6V6

Comment

theres a muffler on my firebird that was on there when i bought it..

it sounds like a honda.

it doesnt have any writing on it. its a shiny muffler..looks like a stock muffler.

Comment

What are these magical things called cut outs? I searched and I can't find a clear description. I hear of people installing them before the over-the-axle pipe. What do they do? Is one recommended? I do plan on getting a high flow cat o straight pipe at some point. not sure which.
          Originally posted by LETZRIDE
          I've never touched a rear end before

Comment

Originally posted by turbohead2332
            What are these magical things called cut outs? I searched and I can't find a clear description. I hear of people installing them before the over-the-axle pipe. What do they do? Is one recommended? I do plan on getting a high flow cat o straight pipe at some point. not sure which.
            A cut out.. Have you seen a picture of one? They're kinda self explanatory after that. It'd be like running a straight pipe if you have it open. If its closed your exhaust will run its normal route through the cat and muffler. You can decide if you want it right off of the Y pipe before the cat or somewhere after the cat but before the muffler. Anywhere after the muffler would be pointless.. Unless you want to do that backpressure mod but eh im not gettin into that. The different cutouts are electric, cable, or just unbolt a plate. The electric can be controlled by a switch inside the vehicle and the cable is fairly similar. Or the manual where you have to crawl under your car to remove the plate. Eh, well thats what I've gathered from my research. I don't have one yet but one will be replacing the shell of my cat with an electric.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
              A cut out.. Have you seen a picture of one? They're kinda self explanatory after that. It'd be like running a straight pipe if you have it open. If its closed your exhaust will run its normal route through the cat and muffler. You can decide if you want it right off of the Y pipe before the cat or somewhere after the cat but before the muffler. Anywhere after the muffler would be pointless.. Unless you want to do that backpressure mod but eh im not gettin into that. The different cutouts are electric, cable, or just unbolt a plate. The electric can be controlled by a switch inside the vehicle and the cable is fairly similar. Or the manual where you have to crawl under your car to remove the plate. Eh, well thats what I've gathered from my research. I don't have one yet but one will be replacing the shell of my cat with an electric.

I kinda figured that's what it was, but I wanted to make sure. I've seen the cable one before.

Comment

I kinda figured that's what it was, but I wanted to make sure. I've seen the cable one before.
                Yeah, this stuff isn't nearly as hard as it may seem. In fact, I wish I started learning about this wayy earlier but I didn't bother because I was so intimidated and assumed I would need classes and some sort of teaching. But really, taking the bull by the horns and doing things yourself with a little help here and there is the best way to learn. Yeah wish me luck with my cam install next year hah.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Good luck! I was reading up on cam installs and whatnot. I didn't realize there was so much involved! O_O My dad restores and builds hot rods and muscle cars as a hobby. He's got a 66 Chevelle SS Convertible. Candy apple red with black interior and top. I love it. He also took an 84(?) Monte Carlo SS, put a manual transmission with a throw shifter in it, 454BB, cammed it, etc etc. It's carbureted. He sold it to my stepbrother. He still has yet to tune the carb and it's putting down somewhere around 375HP to the wheels. I have no idea what gears he has in it are, though. Him and my stepbrother are also working on another 66 Chevelle SS, though this one is a hardtop. So yeah. I have all the help I could ever need. :D

Comment

Good luck! I was reading up on cam installs and whatnot. I didn't realize there was so much involved! O_O My dad restores and builds hot rods and muscle cars as a hobby. He's got a 66 Chevelle SS Convertible. Candy apple red with black interior and top. I love it. He also took an 84(?) Monte Carlo SS, put a manual transmission with a throw shifter in it, 454BB, cammed it, etc etc. It's carbureted. He sold it to my stepbrother. He still has yet to tune the carb and it's putting down somewhere around 375HP to the wheels. I have no idea what gears he has in it are, though. Him and my stepbrother are also working on another 66 Chevelle SS, though this one is a hardtop. So yeah. I have all the help I could ever need. :D
                    lucky ****er! I get to ask around at my job where we repair all of fedex's equipment that goes on the road. Needless to say not many of them know about performance parts. I only get general answers so then I come on here and try to figure it out as best I can.. gah. I wish my family was more into this stuff.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by squisher
                      Just goes to show, the 60* v6's just sound better than 90s

Agreed

Comment

for 30 bucks that is sweet. great job man. major props to you. :tup: :tup: :tup:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X