New Flowtech muffler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Flowtech muffler!

Well, I've been looking to replace my stock muffler for some time now with an aftermarket brand of some sort. Being strapped for cash, I voted against a catback and went with a muffler that is sold at NAPA Auto Parts in the performance catalog. It is a Flowtech Raptor Turbo Performance Muffler. I payed around 30 bucks for it. After fighting with a bolt on the clamp that holds the muffler on for nearly an hour, I finally got it on! It sounds great! I'll post up video soon! It has a deep resonating bass sound at idle and is pretty loud! I'll put it like this on how loud it is: If I have my driver side window down and I'm accelerating, it's difficult to have a conversation with the passenger without yelling. Here's a link to the muffler.http://www.holley.com/types/Raptor.asp
    I went with the 2 1/4 inch inlet/outlet, which is the size I needed for my stock 93 exhaust system. Also, right now, I just have the muffler on, no tip or anything coming out the other side of it. Will everything be ok running it like that for the time being?
    Originally posted by LETZRIDE
    I've never touched a rear end before

Re: New Flowtech muffler!

D'oh! When I put the new muffler on the other day, I used the band clamp from the stock muffler. I thought I had tightened it down all the way! WRONG! The muffler ended up flying off the car while I was going down a somewhat busy road at around 55 mph. It almost hit another car! I then had no muffler whatsoever! I had to turn around at the next light, which seemed to last forever. When I got back near it, I saw that it had landed right at the corner of an intersection, just inches from traffic. I parked the car at the nearest store, ran over to where it was at, thought about how it would be hot, ran back and grabbed a T-shirt. Right as I turned around, a truck missed it by about 8 inches. O_O I ran over, grabbed the muffler, wrapped it in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans and put it in the back of my car. It was a little dinged and beat up, but otherwise ok. I then had to drive for 10 more minutes to get to where I needed to be. I was luckily not pulled over. I went to Auto Zone where I bought a 2 1/4 inch muffler clamp. It's not going anywhere now!
    Last edited by turbohead2332; 10-14-2007, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Ok. Here's the vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KThDZ4HJd9Y
      I'm going to post one more of me driving it. It sounds better in gear! I'll have to get around to that tomorrow or later, though.

Comment

nice
        is that catless?

Comment

Sounds alright. I've been trying to come up with a cheap alternative for just a muffler myself.
          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by turbohead2332
            D'oh! When I put the new muffler on the other day, I used the band clamp from the stock muffler. I thought I had tightened it down all the way! WRONG! The muffler ended up flying off the car while I was going down a somewhat busy road at around 55 mph. It almost hit another car! I then had no muffler whatsoever! I had to turn around at the next light, which seemed to last forever. When I got back near it, I saw that it had landed right at the corner of an intersection, just inches from traffic. I parked the car at the nearest store, ran over to where it was at, thought about how it would be hot, ran back and grabbed a T-shirt. Right as I turned around, a truck missed it by about 8 inches. O_O I ran over, grabbed the muffler, wrapped it in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans and put it in the back of my car. It was a little dinged and beat up, but otherwise ok. I then had to drive for 10 more minutes to get to where I needed to be. I was luckily not pulled over. I went to Auto Zone where I bought a 2 1/4 inch muffler clamp. It's not going anywhere now!

PLEASE have a MUFFLER shop weld it on before it ends up through someone's windshield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by JumpInTheFire.com
              nice
              is that catless?
              Nope. It's just a Flowtech muffler on a stock 3.4 exhaust system. Oh, and I used a muffler clamp instead of the band clamp that came with the stock muffler originally! It's not going ANYWHERE now! It's really tightened on there.

Comment

Here's the link to the second vid. This one has me driving it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKOV9LeqjA

Comment

Just goes to show, the 60* v6's just sound better than 90s :p (Even though I've got a 90* in my 'maro)

Sounds kinda like my Fiero:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJwwqM9ds20

(2.8 v6, Headers, !cat, Ocelot 1 in 2 out muffler)

Comment

Nice! I like it. :D

Comment

i thought it sounded kinda ricey @ WOT.

Comment

Originally posted by squisher
                        Just goes to show, the 60* v6's just sound better than 90s :p (Even though I've got a 90* in my 'maro)

Sounds kinda like my Fiero:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJwwqM9ds20

(2.8 v6, Headers, !cat, Ocelot 1 in 2 out muffler)
                        Yeah, the 3.4's sound real good. But if you put a full exhaust on a 3.8, they sound sweet too.
                        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by kunas
                          i thought it sounded kinda ricey @ WOT.
                          Which one? his or mine?

Comment

Yeah... why does it sound kinda eww to me too? For the price though, I suppose thats good. Hey you know what else would be nice and cheap? replace the cat with a straight pipe! :banana: hey at least it sounds good with mine. I'll have to get a vid of it like everyone else I suppose.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Won't that make it hella louder?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X