I want this muffler to work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want this muffler to work!

this is the tightest j-bend I see. definately better than a u-bend. it's a dynomax 3.5" radius and it's actually cheaper than summits 3.75" radius j-bend.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Comment

i have a flowmaster 40 single in single out and it works fine i just dumped it so it wouldnt look goofy with 1 exhaust tip :)

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
        this is the tightest j-bend I see. definately better than a u-bend. it's a dynomax 3.5" radius and it's actually cheaper than summits 3.75" radius j-bend.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
        I saw that, I went on eBay and found this:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...153488573&rd=1

That j pipe has a 3 3/4 inch radius, I think that would will work. I hope, haha. Now I need to find a place that will do it, or go back and explain how it should work and maybe bring a picture of that magnaflow cat back, I dunno.

Comment

the sharper the bend, the more restrictive the flow. you might just wind up with more backpressure (thus less hp) than u started with. maybe just run straight out the muffler? no tailpipes maybe?
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

the dynomax is cheaper with a little tighter bend. but the summit should work too. yeah, take in the picture to help this guy out!

His muffler has two 2.5" outlets. I don't think having some bends in one of the pipes will hurt. That's how the magnaflow comes anyway.

edit: looks like that was you who bought it?

Comment

if you call james dean in countryside, il im sure they can do it... its where ive gotten all my exhaust mods done and they do some good work
              2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
                if you call james dean in countryside, il im sure they can do it... its where ive gotten all my exhaust mods done and they do some good work
                I don't know if I want to drive an hour to get an exhaust done, but I will give him a call and see what he can do.

And yes, I bought that J pipe, so I'm just waiting for it. I will keep you guys updated.

Comment

Re: UPDATE**I want this muffler to work!

I got the j-pipe and bought the muffler back over to the same shop, it worked. Everything worked out just fine. He even painted the pipes flat black just like the super 44 shell. I will post pictures when I can. :banana:

Comment

Awesome! I am glad everything worked out for you. Can't wait to see the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredMonkey
                      I got the j-pipe and bought the muffler back over to the same shop, it worked. Everything worked out just fine. He even painted the pipes flat black just like the super 44 shell. I will post pictures when I can. :banana:
                      Let me know when you get some pics.. I was wanting to do the same muffler! By the way, how does it sound?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X