MAF Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MAF Screen

So whats the final verdict for the older cars? MAF in, or MAF out? Or is this one of those, "Try it on your car and see how it does" kinda deals?

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceX
      So whats the final verdict for the older cars? MAF in, or MAF out? Or is this one of those, "Try it on your car and see how it does" kinda deals?
      95-98 cars leave the MAF in.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

That's what I'm saying. Some say to leave it in, But I saw no downfalls to removing it, just a nicer exhaust sound......I went out of town this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to try it out, and I'm going out of town next weekend, but hopefully the weekend after I'll be able to get the scanner and see how it does.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Please do, and let us know what happens. My Bird is a '96 also, and anything that helps is a plus to me.

Comment

95-98 cars that take it out have rough idles and hesitation usually. The MAF doesn't like the rough airflow that you get with the screen gone. The screen smooths it out for the MAF to read.

Leave it in if you have a 95-98

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
              95-98 cars that take it out have rough idles and hesitation usually. The MAF doesn't like the rough airflow that you get with the screen gone. The screen smooths it out for the MAF to read.

Leave it in if you have a 95-98
              would no screen cause a manufacturer air/fuel metering code in the 95-98's. Mine was removed the day it rolled off the lot, and hasn't been in it since, and I haven't figured out WTF the Manufacturer Air/Fuel metering is yet.

Comment

well the MAF does monitor and adjust your air/fuel ratio....

the screen straightens out the flow and helps the MAF read the incoming air correctly

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                  well the MAF does monitor and adjust your air/fuel ratio....

the screen straightens out the flow and helps the MAF read the incoming air correctly
                  hmm. There's no way I can get a replacement screen to test it is there?

Comment

yeah, go to www.rockauto.com

Comment

I've had the MAF screen out of my car since my car was new, my first mod(January 1997). I've had no drivabilty or idling problems at all, even with a SLP CAI installed.

Comment

a maf screen only redirects intake air so it is straight if your intake came in straight already there is no reason to have it. so if you have a straight intake tract then yes by all means eliminate it. if not your mass air flow may not read correctly causing a rich/lean condition. any ls1 build book tells you some easy tricks to help gain easy power that can apply to our cars also.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X