I think I made the coolest sounding intake setup... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I made the coolest sounding intake setup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think I made the coolest sounding intake setup...

It does, but ehh... I am cheap :)

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
      It does, but ehh... I am cheap :)
      <<< Like wise, thats why Im asking all the questions about this "cheap" mod ;)
      sigpic
      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

im thinkin bout doin these mods, but i have a k&n fipk on mine and it sounds really nice. Oh and removing the screen is a bad idea, free flowing air entering into the intake does not spin as it does when it goes through the screen and therfore u dont get the full effect of the intake, trust me on this i had taken mine off but got yelled at by my mechanic friends.

Comment

I want to do this mod on my car, but Im so damn confused with all this teminology and such. So far all I know is I have to take out the silencer and replace it with another pipe. Whats a whisper lid? What other stuff is involved with this? Basically I want it to sound louder, thanks.
          2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

my SLP intake sounds like a coffee maker when u first start my car...and i love it

Comment

I've never been able to describe the sound of my SLP CAI before, but now that you say it, it does kind of sound like a coffee maker, and I love it too.
              1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

I did the same thing by getting rid of those ribs in the air box lid. That sure made a difference. Now, what did you mean by cutting the bottom out for free ram air?
                Lynyrd

Comment

Hey can you cut a piece and give me a quote shipped to 45247? I'll paypal it to you as soon as I hear from you
                  Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

me to :work:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X