New Headers & Catback! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Headers & Catback! :D

Ok I also need a pair of front o2 sensors... I was looking around on summit. I saw theese ones. There NGK o2's.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

How do those look? are they a good brand? Anyone use em?

I Also need a rear O2 sim. I looked in the stickys and they show ZZpreformance has them but i went to the ZZ site and couldent find them. Can anyone link me to where you order the rear o2 sims?? Thanks alot
    MSN: inynn666@hotmail.com<br />1996 Arctic white -3800-<br />Pacesetter Headers & Y-Pipe, CAI, LS1 Dual Exhaust, LS1 Driveshaft<br />*15.17 @ 95MPH*

Comment

Re: New Headers &amp; Catback! :D

Originally posted by BOSSV6
      Ok I also need a pair of front o2 sensors... I was looking around on summit. I saw theese ones. There NGK o2's.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

How do those look? are they a good brand? Anyone use em?

I Also need a rear O2 sim. I looked in the stickys and they show ZZpreformance has them but i went to the ZZ site and couldent find them. Can anyone link me to where you order the rear o2 sims?? Thanks alot

first, why do you NEED o2 sensor's? you can use your stock ones, unless they're bad/damaged.

zzp has o2 sims, thats where i got mine, but its under the grand prix section i think. but, FWIW my car still throws a po420 code ( code for the post cat o2 sensor ) so you might still get a SES light.
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
        first, why do you NEED o2 sensor's? you can use your stock ones, unless they're bad/damaged.

zzp has o2 sims, thats where i got mine, but its under the grand prix section i think. but, FWIW my car still throws a po420 code ( code for the post cat o2 sensor ) so you might still get a SES light.

Ok i dident look under the gran prix. ill look there.

My stock O2's are gone for sure :( they have been damaged i think.
        MSN: inynn666@hotmail.com<br />1996 Arctic white -3800-<br />Pacesetter Headers & Y-Pipe, CAI, LS1 Dual Exhaust, LS1 Driveshaft<br />*15.17 @ 95MPH*

Comment

well if they were bad you would have a ses light I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by gotchocmilk39
            well if they were bad you would have a ses light I would think.

Yeah i've had one up for a long time. it sucks because its in gimp mode.

Comment

Ok i dident look under the gran prix. ill look there.

My stock O2's are gone for sure :( they have been damaged i think.

Yes they are in the Gran Prix section under electronics i belive

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=179&catid=107
              Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
              Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
              Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
              Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
              Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I just thought I would throw in that you might want to consider a hooker catback designed for an LT1, this has the S-pipe, there is a flange on the end you can cut off (sawzaw, hacksaw whatever), then get your hands on some v8 hangers for the driver and passenger side to replace your v6 hangers and you are set, if you have an aftermarket cat once you cut off the flange the end of the s-piple should slide into the cat then you can put it on with a clamp temporarily. You will want to bring the car to an exhaust shop to have the joints welded anyway. It shouldn't be more than 40 or 50 bucks easily made up by the savings over the magnaflow vs the hooker. Summit usually has em in stock and their price is proably the best you will find.

Anyway that's another option for ya.
                -Brad
                98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                :rock:

Comment

Cool, im having a look at the hooker catback now. The only downside is I'm in canada and UPS screws you on shipping when you bring car parts over the boarder.

Comment

Well I have the maganaflow on order for $427.59 CDN from a local shop. They order direct from maganaflow.

Thats like $370 US. Its a good price considering stupid summit and jeg's wants $427 US!!!!!

:D

Comment

that is a really good price considering summit and jegs are often the cheapest, no on all parts necessarily but on most.
                      -Brad
                      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                      :rock:

Comment

Well I have the maganaflow on order for $427.59 CDN from a local shop. They order direct from maganaflow.

Thats like $370 US. Its a good price considering stupid summit and jeg's wants $427 US!!!!!

:D
                        I would be intrested as to how it sounds whith the magnaflow...
                        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Well I have another problem now! Check the sterio/electronics department if your intrested!

Comment

You still have the headers you banged up? Doing a streetrod project with a 3800 and would probably have to modify them anyways so if they need repair I think that'd be ok for me
                            78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Comment

swap the hi-flo cat with a bullet muffler and it should help with rasp. Thinking of replacing my gutted stock cat with a bullet and see how it sounds. i think others have done it on here.
                              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                              A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged 024
                                You still have the headers you banged up? Doing a streetrod project with a 3800 and would probably have to modify them anyways so if they need repair I think that'd be ok for me
                                I will have the new headers soon, I'm putting the new ones on shortly. Do you want me to keep the old ones for you?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X