New Headers & Catback! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Headers & Catback! :D

So... time to bite the bullet and order some parts.

So if im going to get new parts I want to get some decent stuff. So Im going with the following:

Pacesetter ARMOR Coat Mid-length Headers.

Flowmaster American Thunder catback with resonator and 80 Series muffler. With 3" Stainless tips.

I already have a New Borla 3" Fighflow cat.

Headers

Catback

What do you guys think of the setup?? (I have the NON ceramic coated pacesetters now and really like them.)

I already have this SLP Cold air intake kit on the car.

Intake

So this will be full intake and exhaust done on the car. What do you think of the setup? I have a 15.17 time slip from ST.Thomas last year somewhere, I hope this will get the car into the 14's. :D

I also winter drive my car, So I was thinking about the Maganaflow Camaro Cat-Back Exhaust System also.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...merican&id=267

Its fully stainless unlike the Flowmaster thats Aluminized steel. But at the same time, This maganaflow has no resonator... and I dont want my car to sound like a bumble bee.
    MSN: inynn666@hotmail.com<br />1996 Arctic white -3800-<br />Pacesetter Headers & Y-Pipe, CAI, LS1 Dual Exhaust, LS1 Driveshaft<br />*15.17 @ 95MPH*

Re: New Headers &amp; Catback! :D

you aren't going to see any gains changing from uncoated to coated headers in the 1/4-mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
      you aren't going to see any gains changing from uncoated to coated headers in the 1/4-mile.
      Of course not. The reason I'm getting all this is my old headers got smashed by road debris, And the muffler also took a blow. BUT I should see some small gains with the catback. I have stock catback with a Camaro SS muffler choped in there.

How do you think that will sound? :D
      MSN: inynn666@hotmail.com<br />1996 Arctic white -3800-<br />Pacesetter Headers & Y-Pipe, CAI, LS1 Dual Exhaust, LS1 Driveshaft<br />*15.17 @ 95MPH*

Comment

stick with flowmaster. you'll like it better. believe me
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
          stick with flowmaster. you'll like it better. believe me
          Honestly I was thinking Stay with flowmaster too.... But some guys on my Camaro Club forum were saying they thought the flowmaster would rust out with winter driving... I cant see that happining... If anything you would think the aluminized steel would be better than stainless. I dunno.

I like flowmaster... Im just waiting a few days before I order any catback system just to see what everyone has to say here, and on my car club forum. I want to consider everything.

Hey BTW: does the flowmaster catback but right up to the back of my cat? or do i need to pickup a S-pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSV6
            Honestly I was thinking Stay with flowmaster too.... But some guys on my Camaro Club forum were saying they thought the flowmaster would rust out with winter driving... I cant see that happining... If anything you would think the aluminized steel would be better than stainless. I dunno.

I like flowmaster... Im just waiting a few days before I order any catback system just to see what everyone has to say here, and on my car club forum. I want to consider everything.

Hey BTW: does the flowmaster catback but right up to the back of my cat? or do i need to pickup a S-pipe?
            You'll need an S pipe; judging from the picture.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
              You'll need an S pipe; judging from the picture.
              First off, KICK A$$! avitar! :D

Secondly... s-pipe..... Any reccomendations? Who makes the best/cheapest one?

Comment

I bought the MagnaFlow because I winter drive mine as well, and there is no rust on it at all. I really like how it sounds, it will sound nice with complete exhaust

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Originally posted by flyfrito_SS
                  I bought the MagnaFlow because I winter drive mine as well, and there is no rust on it at all. I really like how it sounds, it will sound nice with complete exhaust
                  Cool, anyone eltse have the maganaflow or the Flowmaster?

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSV6
                    Of course not. The reason I'm getting all this is my old headers got smashed by road debris, And the muffler also took a blow.
                    Oh, i must have missed all that in your original post

Comment

did your headers get messed up or your Y-pipe? just wondering might want them because I dont need a Y-pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by gotchocmilk39
                        did your headers get messed up or your Y-pipe? just wondering might want them because I dont need a Y-pipe.
                        The Y-Pipe was crushed in and because it was bashed upwards the #3 primary tube busted off the header flange. They would be fine but you'd have to get the one primary tube welded up to the flange again. Other than that there in good shape. EGR bung sealed.

Comment

i have flowmaster and it sounds OKAY up to the higher RPM but its a v6 and your always going to have that but it sounds good for being a 6 cylinder, if i had enough money i think id atleast try the magnaflow, the clips ive hurd usually sound pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy16
                            i have flowmaster and it sounds OKAY up to the higher RPM but its a v6 and your always going to have that but it sounds good for being a 6 cylinder, if i had enough money i think id atleast try the magnaflow, the clips ive hurd usually sound pretty good
                            Does the maganaflow but upto the cat or do you need a spipe with this unit also?

Anyone reccomend any specific S-Pipes???

Comment

My MagnaFlow came with an S-Pipe. I don't think the Flowmasters do.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X