vibrating noise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: vibrating noise...

the muffler may not be loose, but it's probably bouncing on the axle like mine does.. they're not gonna see that if they put it on a lift cuz the axle drops down when its off the ground. go with ramps and have a welder and a sawzall ready. just cut the hangers off and pull it up closer to the body. just look really good cuz there should be little marks to show where its bouncing on...
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

I have the same issue on my 98 bird and I have had the cat replaced and the exhaust checked out.... I have replaced the o2 sensors and had the car on a lift with the suspension compressed.... you can hear the rattle towards where the y-pipe is... everything is stock on the car...... no heatshielding is even close to touching it....
      Slammed, Cammed, Stalled, Rollin on ZR1\'s and the sickest exhaust you have ever seen on a camaro Z06 style whoo whoo.<br />I\'m the reaper dude, ask ur people dude. I move

Comment

hmmmm... that might be why mine is making a rattling sound
        i dont know why it started doing it a little after i put my cat back on

-Y87
        Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

well while u guys r talking about it, im gonna jump on the band wagon too...lol... mines doing the same...and its even causing my car to to be jerky, jumpy while im letting off of the accelerator...also, mine vibrates but it's the little metal piece on the end of my oxygen sensor wire...ive learned to deal with it....my car shuts off while im driving it too...have no idea what thats about...i thought it was me not getting enough fuel but i have a 255lph fuel pump and the cars running rich so wouldnt that mean its getting plenty of fuel?

Comment

or can a clogged cat cause the car to shut off suddenly with no warning?

Comment

well. i also have this problem, and ive checked to make sure that it is not hitting anything and everything is tight, and it is, but i dont know much about the condition of the cat cause i just got the car. and it is only at low rpm, and when i step on it. not only does it rattle, but it gets EXTREMELY raspy, like ricey raspy. its nasty. any suggestions. sorry for the long post.

Comment

You know I had the same problem. At really high RPM near the redline its get really ricer raspy. Totally know whut you mean. Well as I was driving back from church, just driving normally, my car all of a sudden got this deep roar and just got REALLY loud.

I look under the car and found this:

So dont ignore the rattling. Well I dont know if this was a warning sign or anything but yah. Gotta get that fixed with some clamps for something.

Comment

Had the same problem. GM replaced my cat for free.
                  1999 Bright Red A4 3.8L V6 Camaro
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589653
                  http://www.myspace.com/jhonathanw

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98
                    You know I had the same problem. At really high RPM near the redline its get really ricer raspy. Totally know whut you mean. Well as I was driving back from church, just driving normally, my car all of a sudden got this deep roar and just got REALLY loud.

I look under the car and found this:

So dont ignore the rattling. Well I dont know if this was a warning sign or anything but yah. Gotta get that fixed with some clamps for something.

thats ****ing hilarious.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X