ChromeIntakes CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ChromeIntakes CAI

I guess ya get what ya pay for, probley better off spending the money and getting a better namebrand, thanks for the heads up

Comment

yeah cleaning would probably help. im pretty sure its aluminum.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

UPDATE:
        So I paid $75 total for 2 pieces of aluminum (which i didnt know could rust) and a k&n. the k&n is the RU-3580 which is about $50 online(without shipping). So far i just have 1 piece of Aluminum on with the k&n on it. I let the car warm up then took it for a spirited drive. It doesnt seat-of-pants feel faster, but with a 3.4, getting thrown back is usually only accomplished by a clutch drop, but it seems faster- meaning the rpms climb faster and it the 4500 rpm drop off point doesnt seem to drop off like it used to. here's my opinions

30* ambient temps = +/- 5 hp (all air is cold air right now in wisconsin)

K&N Filter = 2-4 hp 1-2mpg

3" piece of aluminum probably good for 1 hp cuz its smoother than the stock piece of plastic and not bottlenecked.

Conclusion: The k&n itself probably did most of the gain. and the $75 total was worth it only because of the the k&n.. I would definitely recommend this thing cuz its $100+shipping cheaper than the k&n FIPK (and has a bigger filter)
        _dust

(I doubt the second piece is worth anything right now cuz its already COLD air, in the summer it will probably keep from losing the gains)

Comment

Just got mine last week. I think they make a heck of a difference and i like the turbo spool sound that it makes. The only thing is ever since i put it on my car acts like it wants to die when i pull of to a stop lite. it will start cuttin out and tryin to die really bad. I put the stock stuff back on and still does it. i cant figure out whats wrong with my car.

Comment

I dont think that was the intake's problem, lol. Mine had no negative effects. I sat in traffic yesterday for about 5 minutes and when i got to my destination, the tube was hot. The tube is aluminum so it conducts heat fairly well. I dont have the cold tube on yet so it was sucking hot air.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X