Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid O2 Sensors

Originally posted by CHEVYINSIDE
    You were probly getting a low efficantcy (spell) code . means that the cat is going bad . whats the mileage on the car ?they can go bad without clogging .
    see if that helps .
    plus see if you can have somebody with a scan tool look at the o2 sensor signals . see if everything is functioning properly fist before just dumping money into it .

OK. Everyone is saying it's my cat. I'm saying it's not my cat. I don't even have a cat before this sensor, so how's it gonna tell me it's bad?!? But, just to let everyone know. The car has 75K on it, it's a 97 3.8. Just changed the oil, MAF, now 2 O2 sensors, and brakes. It runs just fine, no rattling, stuttering, coughing, or anything else it's not supposed to do. This thing runs like a dream. IMO, it couldn't be better.

But, I'm pretty darn sure it's not my cat seing how there isn't one there for the sensor to read. I'm calling GM tomorrow to see what they say.
    Last edited by RadRacer; 09-20-2006, 09:16 PM.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

what if my car is Sayin "catalyst effenincy low bank 1"?

Comment

low efficaniance (spell) means that in most cases the cat is dieing . it doesnt have to clogg up to fail . the elements that create the reaction can get used up and need replacement . you really need a scan tool to look at the sensor reading and see how it's responding .

Comment

i've seen cars that throw that code work prefectly fine . it throw before anything catostficly fails .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X