What the rice?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What the rice?!

I was talking in the future hehe, i don't have that kind of money now. I will probably stay N/A unless i can find a supercharger off a buick or pontiac that fits our cars, it has to be mounted underneath correct? Is there any car i can look for in a junk yard and steal is s/c?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Compaired to most V6s the 3.8 sounds mean. If you really want to hear a ricey V6 listen to the 350 Z sometime. For such a powerful V6 it sure sounds whimpy. Aftermarket exhaust on thoes cars sound way worse.

Comment

my neighbor has a 350z and it sounds beautiful. alot better than my flowmaster 80. no rasp at all. sounds like it has an x or h pipe cause it sounds so hollow
        3.4 > 3.8 = better sound
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yeah i figured since my v6 is so much bigger than the ricers 6's, it wouldn't sound at all like a ricer 6. But i guess i wasn't entirely right, though it doesn't sound a whole ton like them, just a little ricey for my taste..
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Srry to jack your post, but how loopy is the gt2 cam?
            K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
              yeah i figured since my v6 is so much bigger than the ricers 6's, it wouldn't sound at all like a ricer 6. But i guess i wasn't entirely right, though it doesn't sound a whole ton like them, just a little ricey for my taste..
              you have a great muffler. same one ive got. you just need to open the rest of your exhaust up and youll be golden. headers and 3" pipes, a hi flow cat and cutout and yours will sound very similar to mine.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

yeah, dave, i heard your exhaust clip, and that's what lead me to buy the borla muffler, i fell in love with your exhaust clip. If i get 3 inch piping from the cat back and a straight pipe (or high flow cat)...basically everything but the headers, will my car be a lot deeper and closer to yours? becaues that's what i'm going for.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

itll be pretty close. but get a hiflow cat, not a straight pipe. and dont forget the cutout! (placed in the i-pipe)
                  Dave:
                  97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                    I was always told that the more cylinder displacement the better it will sound. But I guess that is wrong. The smaller 3.4s sound better than the larger 3.8s
                    I would assume that if you switch to 3" it will sound a little better but loose a little off the line torque. I fell in love with BoRLA when I heard it on my friend's 10 second LT1 (it was bored .30 over, cam, heads, etc etc)
                    Sounded like sex on wheels
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

what highflo cat would you recommend? is there really a sound/performance difference? if not so much i'll just get the cheapest thing i can find, otherwise what do you suggest?

the cutout is for like racing right? it basically eliminates the need for a muffler doesn't it? i mean when it's open..
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i would say all highflows are about the same, no sound difference.
                        maybe a difference in quality. I recommend catco its the cheapest, its just a cat, you're not gonna gain alot of power from it. If you want more extravagant get carsound or something better.

the cutout is gonna sound like crap on a v6, and very loud.
                        a cutout bypasses the muffler
                        a cutout is best for when youre already going fast and at higher rpms
                        edit: but its not like youre gonna gain alot of power from the cutout either
                        Last edited by slow6; 09-03-2006, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                          i would say all highflows are about the same, no sound difference.
                          maybe a difference in quality. I recommend catco its the cheapest, its just a cat, you're not gonna gain alot of power from it. If you want more extravagant get carsound or something better.

the cutout is gonna sound like crap on a v6, and very loud.
                          a cutout bypasses the muffler
                          a cutout is best for when youre already going fast and at higher rpms
                          edit: but its not like youre gonna gain alot of power from the cutout either
                          ok. woah. all highflows are the same, yea. i would suggest a magnaflow or carsound. they are popular around here on the boards. but what is this about a cutout sounding like crap? go listen to my sound clip and ill give you 20 bucks if you think it sounds like crap. and you DO gain HP from a cutout, but you loose low end torque, whether it improves your times or not is up in the air, but it does add power in the higher RPM band. either way, the cutout is a 30 dollar investment and is one of the best 30 dollars ive ever spent on my car.

EDIT: yea, if you put a cutout on a stock 3.8 and rev that sucker up, it wont sound good. but if you open the exhaust up RIGHT, it sounds GREAT.
                          Last edited by dmw319; 09-03-2006, 09:12 PM.
                          Dave:
                          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

dave, you should get a long exhaust clip and i'll loop it and listen to it forever, instead of music. I will put it on a cd and listen to it in my car...i'm in love :D
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

best sounding 6 i've ever heard in my life for sure.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

im in the process of getting more sound clips of it. more of WOT inside the car, and some track videos and other stuff. ill be sure to post them or send them to you.
                                Dave:
                                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X