Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Removing catalytic converter?

make it louder, probably a little more raspy
    SES will still be on you will have to get a Simulator, get a mail-order tune, or tune it yourself.
    Power? we've already talked about what it will do for the power and talked about everything else already
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i have the simulator if you want it, i think its a casper.. i bought 2 from a guy on ls1tech.com and only needed the 1... 35 bucks shipped is what i paid.. so ill let it go for 30 shipped
      Last edited by Chevy16; 09-06-2006, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
        probably a little more raspy

much raspier(if thats a word) up top

EDIT:96greenmachine, i have !cat and flowmaster 40, down low it sounds mean and aggressive but like mentioned right above, it is a lil bit more raspier up in the higher rpms, improvements-powerwise:i felt it up at higher rpms
        Last edited by 99 RS Camaro; 09-06-2006, 09:44 PM.
        \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 99 RS Camaro
          , improvements-powerwise:i felt it up at higher rpms
          but you loose low end power, mostly torque
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yeah i noticed the tiniest bit but thats just cuz i was TRYING to notice it, you dont lose very much and WAY more powerful up top!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
              but you loose low end power, mostly torque

yea, forgot about that part....did notice loss of low end power
              \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

why does it loose power at low end? thats kinda weird that u gain power in 1 place and loose it in another...cars there soo stinkin crazy lol

Comment

I know on my buddys 02 SS he had a few mods and his best run was a 15.2 with cut out closeed and 15.8 with cut out open, but man it sounded sweet when he hit the button next to a ricer down in VA Beach!:banana:
                  Originally posted by kala
                  I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                  parting her out

Comment

[/QUOTE]09-07-2006 06:21 PM
                    crushedout I know on my buddys 02 SS he had a few mods and his best run was a 15.2 with cut out closeed and 15.8 with cut out open, but man it sounded sweet when he hit the button next to a ricer down in VA Beach![QUOTE]

your friend only ran a mid 15 with a ls1 car??? can he drive? not trying to be an *** but those cars are easy mid 13- low14sec cars stock! :spank:. any way ive decided to run a cutout on my exhaust too what would be better 2.5 or 2.25? also should i put it efore or after cat? im thinking after so i dont throw codes. any one have any sound clips of on before and after the cat?

Comment

if i take the cat off put a cut out in and put a o2 sim will i still pass emissions i live in maryland and have emissions

Comment

Originally posted by screamin86

your friend only ran a mid 15 with a ls1 car??? can he drive? not trying to be an *** but those cars are easy mid 13- low14sec cars stock! :spank:. any way ive decided to run a cutout on my exhaust too what would be better 2.5 or 2.25? also should i put it efore or after cat? im thinking after so i dont throw codes. any one have any sound clips of on before and after the cat?
                        I meant 13, but to awnser your question, no he couldn't drive it. He stalled that thing constantly in front of my house. His car wasn't stock, I remember he had shorty headers, a pulley, K&N filter, and he had cutout a plastic piece where the filter sat to suck air from bottom, and he got rid of factory tubing from filter to throttle body and put in a smooth connector. He shoulda had a 12 second car probably, he even said he couldn't get off the line fast enough.
                        Originally posted by kala
                        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                        parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X