Where can i go to get my cut off put on? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can i go to get my cut off put on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i go to get my cut off put on?

I just bought my cut off for my firebird and i live in cali theres no where to go to get it put on..is there anybody that lives in cali that knows where i could go?
    1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Whats a cut off?
    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

any place that does exhaust stuff should be able too.
      New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Original 4th Gen V6:
        Whats a cut off?<hr></blockquote>

LOL, I think he meant to say "cutout"..

<b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Meinekee here said that they would do it. Thats where im going to get mine done this week.
          2004 Mazda RX-8 <br />Winning Blue Metallic<br />6

Comment

i still have it all stock from the headers and the cat.. will it be worth it to still put the cut out on? i got flow masters but my car starts off loud but then gets quite.. i need it loud all the time..
            1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Comment

Yes it'll be worth it to put the cutout on. It makes it really loud and deep. I have the same setup... stock pipes/cat/headers, with a flowmaster 80 muffler, and a cutout along my i-pipe.

Any muffler shop, even in California, should install it without problems. If they hassle you, just tell them that it's for racing use at a dragstrip only, and you don't plan on using it on the street (even if you do).
              Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

do u just run it open or close on the street? and have u ever got pulled over by the police with it being that loud? [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Comment

Could you get into trouble for running it with the cut out open on the street? Is there like a law against it. I personally have never heard a cut out in person but people tell me it is very loud. I am planning on getting one within the next 2 weeks. I don't think it could be louder than some of those fudging HARLEYS!
                  <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

i think u can get pulled over for it being to loud it just depends on if the cop thinks he is a noise hero.. cause where i live they always looking at my car and im still stock well a little bit over stock.. :D

Comment

I honestly doubt you'll get pulled over. Sure, it's loud... but it's not OVERLY loud... well, I guess... yesterday I was goin over to my gf's, and she said she could hear me coming from around the corner while she was in her room, and I was almost idling...

Still though, there's plenty of people out there with exhaust that's much louder then what a cutout will make yours. Legally, I'm not sure if a cutout is illegal to use on the streets or not... I'm pretty sure that a muffler is a required device, isn't it? But technically, if your cutout is opened, your muffler is still in use :D But still, it's not loud enough that you hafta worry about getting pulled over.... probably.
                      Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

what is the best kind to get cause i got mine from a shop but i think they make theres... whats the best cutout to get?

Comment

I hear that the Flowtech is the best one. Just don't get JcWhitney one. People tell me its horrible and it leaks :( So stick with flowtech thats what I'm ordering next monday [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

Yeah, go with FlowTech. If you still have stock piping, you should get a 2.25" cutout, and www.quicktimeperformance.com is the only site I've ever seen that sells a 2.25" FlowTech cutout. All others just sell 2.5 and 3". www.summitracing.com also sells their own cutouts, which are the same design, and a little cheaper. No 2.25" though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X