Where can i go to get my cut off put on? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can i go to get my cut off put on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i go to get my cut off put on?

I just bought my cut off for my firebird and i live in cali theres no where to go to get it put on..is there anybody that lives in cali that knows where i could go?
    1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Whats a cut off?
    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

any place that does exhaust stuff should be able too.
      New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Original 4th Gen V6:
        Whats a cut off?<hr></blockquote>

LOL, I think he meant to say "cutout"..

<b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Meinekee here said that they would do it. Thats where im going to get mine done this week.
          2004 Mazda RX-8 <br />Winning Blue Metallic<br />6

Comment

i still have it all stock from the headers and the cat.. will it be worth it to still put the cut out on? i got flow masters but my car starts off loud but then gets quite.. i need it loud all the time..
            1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Comment

Yes it'll be worth it to put the cutout on. It makes it really loud and deep. I have the same setup... stock pipes/cat/headers, with a flowmaster 80 muffler, and a cutout along my i-pipe.

Any muffler shop, even in California, should install it without problems. If they hassle you, just tell them that it's for racing use at a dragstrip only, and you don't plan on using it on the street (even if you do).
              Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

do u just run it open or close on the street? and have u ever got pulled over by the police with it being that loud? [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Comment

Could you get into trouble for running it with the cut out open on the street? Is there like a law against it. I personally have never heard a cut out in person but people tell me it is very loud. I am planning on getting one within the next 2 weeks. I don't think it could be louder than some of those fudging HARLEYS!
                  <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

i think u can get pulled over for it being to loud it just depends on if the cop thinks he is a noise hero.. cause where i live they always looking at my car and im still stock well a little bit over stock.. :D

Comment

I honestly doubt you'll get pulled over. Sure, it's loud... but it's not OVERLY loud... well, I guess... yesterday I was goin over to my gf's, and she said she could hear me coming from around the corner while she was in her room, and I was almost idling...

Still though, there's plenty of people out there with exhaust that's much louder then what a cutout will make yours. Legally, I'm not sure if a cutout is illegal to use on the streets or not... I'm pretty sure that a muffler is a required device, isn't it? But technically, if your cutout is opened, your muffler is still in use :D But still, it's not loud enough that you hafta worry about getting pulled over.... probably.
                      Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

what is the best kind to get cause i got mine from a shop but i think they make theres... whats the best cutout to get?

Comment

I hear that the Flowtech is the best one. Just don't get JcWhitney one. People tell me its horrible and it leaks :( So stick with flowtech thats what I'm ordering next monday [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

Yeah, go with FlowTech. If you still have stock piping, you should get a 2.25" cutout, and www.quicktimeperformance.com is the only site I've ever seen that sells a 2.25" FlowTech cutout. All others just sell 2.5 and 3". www.summitracing.com also sells their own cutouts, which are the same design, and a little cheaper. No 2.25" though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              4 days ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Little work today
                              by ssms5411
                              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X