s-pipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s-pipe...

I am confused about the s-pipe. My understanding is that it is the pipe between the i-pipe and the cat. It is not listed in the modification encyclopedia though and cat-back exhausts seem to come with only an i-pipe, muffler, and tips. Is the s-pipe part of the i-pipe?

I need a 3" s-pipe. I can get one made at the local Midas, but it won't be mandrel bent. What will the diameter of the pipe be in the bends if I don't get it mandrel bent? Thanks for any help.
    Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

yeah i think someone just decided to start calling that the S-pipe when it is really not the name for it.

Ypipe collecter cat ipipe muffler is how ive always known it

Comment

Well, I wanted to know if it is part of the i-pipe because if it is I know there are a lot of 3" i-pipes available I can order. Is the "s-pipe" that goes from the cat, bends twice, and goes under the tunnel brace a part of the i-pipe, or is it separate?
      Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

Alot of people call it the S-pipe since alot of times muffler shops replace the part of the I-pipe from this section back (where the exhaust is straight), so it had to be made clear what part of the exhaust was modded or not. The S-pipe is at the front, and on a true cat-back exhaust, is all part of the I-pipe (often times the over-axle pipe is seperate, due to how it fits underneath the car). On any factory or true cat-back, the S-pipe is just part of the I-pipe, and not a different piece.
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Even some of the catbacks out there don't have the S shape going to the cat. Some of them do. What I did was order two 90 degree mandrel 3" pipes(they come in 2.5" also) from www.jcwhitney.com for about 50 bucks. You gonna need 2 of them to make the S pipe, then the muffler shop can size them down for you.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

That's a good idea short dog, i'm gona call them to, cuz i need that part too.
            <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X